Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I think I like the Tropicali best

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

2. madfish

madfish

I think Moose is right, so here's a lighter version for consideration.
    (And Moose is better at photoshop)

french custom.jpg

Centurion9 and themoose like this.
  3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Thanks guys, you both do pretty good stuff here.

4. B.S:)

5. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

Hey guys....Can I ask a favor of anyone that can do Photoshop?
    First, a short story. I've been buying, fixing, and doing cars since I was 14 and I'm 57 now.

Guys.... I think I might have out lived my COOL! I KNOW we should make our cars the way we want and the way we like them. But I see all of these low riding smooth looking cars and I just think that look is awesome. I've always been a shiney paint, big fat rear tires, shackles or air shocks on back kind of guy and I like the looks of my current car. My '40 Dodge biz coupe that has been customized a bit (before I got it).

I was just thinking it might look super scraping the weeds and maybe a visor and custom rear skirts. PLUS a set of 19's 20's or whatever they use now. I've never had a set bigger than 15's on a hot rod..

If one of you guys get the time, can you mock me up a pic of my car 'Andy'?

Here's a sideways photo.

Thanks so much
    Buds!
    chuck

PS: A color change isn't even out of the realm of possibilities. He's getting new paint this summer.

AndySide.JPG

AndyOtherSide.JPG

6. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

7. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

All I can say is SON-OF-A-GUN!!!!!!

He is BEAUTIFUL! The visor is a must have now and maybe every darn thing you did all the way down to the wheels and tires.

Do you think fender skirts would be too much?

Thank you so much. You are a master.

Here's him from front.

buds
    chuck
    CIMG0007.JPG

8. madfish

madfish

Hot Rod
    40 plymouth mild custom.jpg

Mild Custom

40 plymouth custom 2.jpg

Chopped Custom

chopped 40.jpg

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  9. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Here it is with the skirts, DeadGuy2......
    View attachment 2885186
    Just curious, but is that an all glass car? I think a dark color, either black or midnight blue, would better hide (disguise) those '80's side strakes, make it look less street roddy and ultimately give it an updated look.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  10. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My old Andy could be a hot sonny gun if done right!!!

No, it's not a glass car at all. He's full steel 1940 Dodge. The guy who had him built through Street Rod City in Royal Oak MI had them do the custom from end and Testarossa stripes. I guess they charged him an arm and a leg for all of the front and back end work. I'm diggin the darker shades.

You 2 guys are the epitome of artist and friends. Thank you so very much.

I might have to start saving some more pennies 'cause I'm not able to do the work myself (back surgeries), but I think old Andy will be the Prom King sooner rather than later.

Thanks again guys.... I'm so happy I found this place. I just hope I can repay ya someday.

BUDS!
    chuck

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. OK I'll join the fun...Needed a better background... Personally I like a brighter color to really make it stand out in a crowd.

AndySide2.jpg

kiwijeff and madfish like this.
  12. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

I just about fainted. You guys are amazing.... I have Paint Shop Pro, but all I can do is resize and small stuff. The door handles are gone as of yesterday. They were '31 Ford handles, but they never worked so a friend is installing popper and shaved the handles.

Maybe I can give back by giving someone the 31 handles that needs them.

Moose...... I'd like to have that hanging in my house hahahaha...... It's gorgeous.

chuck

13. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

All of them are amazing. My wife liked the gold one's color. Her favorite color on a car now is the new burnt copper color. I also think it's cool when done right. I think I want to keep the side strakes just because they were put on when the car was first re-made in '93. At least they told me it was fist customized in '93.

Street Rod City guy told me it sat outside for a long time even though the owner had a 5 car garage. I guess he had some high end cars. That's why I had to replace the two windows and the paint is faded a good bit.

Thanks again guy and if anyone gets bored, I'd love to see just one more with copper paint.
    BUDS!!!
    chuck

copper.jpg

copper2.jpg

14. Here's one version
    33.jpg

15. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

Oh My!!!! themoose and Ruben Duran and Madfish Thank you all so very much.

Maybe me and Ol' Andy haven't out lived out cool. We just have been too hardheaded to open our eyes to changes.

Now, here's the hardest part. Figuring out which style and color to go with.

I will sure keep ya posted and if I can ever be of service, PLEASE let me know. I don't knoww if any of you guys are horror movie buffs, but I did a cool horror/comedy a couple of years back called 'ThanksKilling' _ I can burn a copy and send it to ya or something. I also have it as an .AVI I can put on a thumb drive or upload someway.

I'm just tryin' to think of some way to show how much I appreciate you guys taking the time and sharing your expertise with me.

BUDS!
    chuck

www.DeadBodyGuy.com

16. Can someone put on some Radir Tri Rib full polished wheels on this??
    erm.PNG
    Thanks

17. erm2.jpg

18. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I would like to see what my 40 tudor, the flamed one, 2015-04-19 17.23.04.jpg $_12.JPG would look like with the red wheels & dog dish caps on it. also what it would look like with orange wheels, about the same color as the flames, & dog dish caps. THANKS

19. red.jpg orange.jpg

20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Nice job Moose, I think the trim rings do set it off better.

21. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

Trying to decide on wheels for the econoline. 14" cragars or slots, spinner white walls & 3"lower. Any help would be much appreciated... 1429511938522.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Econoline_Cragar.jpg

Econoline_Slots.jpg

23. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

A set of chrome steel slots would look right at home on that Econoline.

24. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Like this:

Attached Files:

25. van.jpg

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

How about some Hurst Mags and a race-team look?

Econo Pickup 05.jpg

themoose likes this.
  27. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

28. Can some one change the rear of the roofline on my project to follow the contour of the door. Maybe one view with the catwalk remaining the way it is and one extending the rear of the cab back maybe 4-6 inches... If you wanted to add a nice extended 36 rear fender to match have at it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429586565.962801.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429586589.544723.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429586602.465752.jpg

Attached is an example of a very nice roof but it's from the wrong side...