Register now to get rid of these ads!

Macs Auto Parts shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joe--h, Aug 12, 2013.

1. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

They did it to me too. Big rip off. Will not buy anything from them again. Excellent service and shipping from SNYDERS ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS in Ohio. You can tell them how you want it shipped and they will. Excellent people to deal with. Not one problem from them................................

2. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Ive been disappointed in Macs since it became Ecklers.Part ordered but didn't arrive.When i called to find out what happened it was of course back ordered and no firm delivery date.Why wasn't i told that when I ordered it or at least notified when they knew.Order takers seem disintrested.Its a shame to see companies like Macs sell out to the warehouse types but money talks.

3. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Bought from Macs for years and have recently bought from Ecklers/Macs. Never had any problems and always had good service.

4. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Unfortunately shipping to Australia is pretty expensive for most parts I order. One bonus of MACs is that i can see the shipping costs before I confirm my order. With some of the other vendors I use, I do not know the shipping charges until I see the final amount on my credit card account.

I have also noticed that recently MACs seem to be out of stock with lots of items and I always seem to be waiting for items to be back ordered. I like to get a bit of a shopping list together, then place an order to save on shipping costs, but it sucks to have to wait for the whole order, waiting for something minor that is on back order.

5. ChefMike

ChefMike

That's a BS answer I bought some stuff from them once the quality of the parts weren't great will not go back to them and when I called the person on the phone didn't have any idea about what they should do I was placed on hold and eventually disconnnected

6. jcs64

jcs64

Just forwarded this thread to them, im sure they have heard individual complaints, but when there are three pages of people stating this is the main reason for not ordering w/ them, it seems like they might want to look into it just a little bit.
    We know that shipping is expensive, and warehouse workers need to get paid too, but lets be fair

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

To keep from being charged double shipping due to a back ordered part I always mention to not ship order if any part is not in stock,it always seems like some of the parts I really need are not in stock and the extra parts I order to make it worth the shipping cost and really do not need are what they have in stock.

pat59 likes this.
  8. Rob68

Rob68

wouldn't suprise me if some of those parts were not really back ordered but shipped later to incur another shipping charge.

9. buymeamerc

buymeamerc
    from s.c.,usa

Macs website sucks, parts are not that great, DITTO on C & G, Midwest
    Anytime I dealt with any Eckler's owned company, it seemed like their attitude was kinda high and mighty, nose in the air, drown in a rain storm type.

10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a similar experience with them. Now only use C&G or AllFord in San Jose

11. I ordered some floor pans from them (having never seen a thread like this) and only one arrived. The other has been on back-order for a month since. They have assured me once by phone and once by e-mail that I will not be charged shipping again when the second one becomes available. I'm not getting a good vibe though.

12. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes Macs automated shipping quote is pathetic. $20 head gasket $46 international shipping , for two gaskets it automatically doubles the shipping to $84 , ridiculous . Another seller on ebay have an automatically generated international shipping for a $30 gasket it's $22 shipping plus it states for each additional item it will be another $3.25 , $25 or $84 , Hmmmm hard decision . How hard can it be to set up an automatic shipping quote that works. They must not worry about loosing sales.

13. oj

oj

They once asked me if I wanted to expadite my order, for a special fee my order would leave in front of other people's orders. So they take your money and let your order sit and wait while others get 'expadited' shoving you further back, and that is their business model? To intentionally ignore normal orders until the expadited orders get satisfied?

14. 2935ford

2935ford

You should try the shipping costs from the US to Canada..........about double what it would be for a US order!
    Then top it off with "We only ship by UPS or FedX." which then costs me brokerage fees.
    I want USPS (no brokerage fee and almost always less expensive) but they don't go to the post office to ship!
    To be fair, I do take advantage as much as possible on some of the suppliers "free shipping" when over a certain amount of purchase then have it shipped to an address in Maine but the 6 hour round trip and gas to retrieve sometimes does not save me any money especially now with the Canadian dollar down badly against the US dollar! :)

15. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

They drove me nuts when I still had my ford! I live in the same state as them and it would take forever to get parts. Live and learn I gueaa