Register now to get rid of these ads!

any hot rod shops in orlando

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Apr 23, 2011.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

hey folks

Doing the house of mouse vacation and the whole shopping deal with my wife and girl has me wanting to go shopping for some goodies.... is there any hot rod shops around here?

thanks
    Leon

2. Send Nads a message ....he lives there.

3. rld14

rld14

Kind of hit or miss but the Saturday Night Cruise at Old Town in Kissimmee is always worth a stop, if only for the size of it. Haven't lived there in 6 years so not familiar with hot rod shops.

4. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

don garlits museum

5. That's about 60 miles from Orlando

6. millerkid

millerkid

I live in Orlando, and NO there are no good hotrod shop in this area. Couple of speedshops like Murray's - pretty generic. If you find a hotrod shop - let me know.

7. Swifster

Swifster

Um, what exactly are you looking for? There are a few hot rod type shops, but they are anywhere from 60-100 miles outside of Orlando/Kissimmee. They are also more like body shops. They really aren't set up for doing tours (and if they gave tours, it would take 5 minutes). These aren't 'destination' type places like a So-Cal Speed Shop might be.

Crane Cams is in Daytona Beach. I'm unsure if they do tours. They were bought out of bankruptcy 1 or 2 years ago. The website is up so you could give them a call. The speedway does tours and has a nice museum. The weather is getting warm, so you could hit both places and the beach.

Big Daddy's place is in Ocala and is a nice visit. Old Town is in Kissimmee, near the entrance to the House of Mouse.

8. Old Town cruise is about the best you're going to get. Off topic but take a night to go to Al Capones for the dinner theatre,it's a lot of fun and they put on a very nice meal too!
    Went last year, met up with a HAMBer at Old Town for a visit and a meal too.

9. BTTT for the Orlando guys

10. ZombieMike

ZombieMike
    from Apopka, FL

Howards Hot Rod Shop

11. bbb

bbb

Bringing this back up in case anything has changed, I'll be over from the UK in May. Already planned to visit the Garlits museum for the Memorial Day show :)

12. dad-bud

dad-bud

Definitely you want to go to Don Garlits. He has an enormous amount of landmark race cars as well as a huge collection of beautifully restored and lightly rodded old Fords, etc.
    Classic.
    You can easily spend hours there.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

13. bbb

bbb

Excellent, looking forward to that :)