Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. This is the best thread ever, great job, we are sure enjoying it.

2. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Ok, Tropicali!

Thanks guys for your support and opinion, and thank you Dick Stevens for the photoshop help post. :)

Today, i have buy some stuff......these seats needs some work (cleaning, they are white..) and i must find the correct level and position but they are cool, the rear bench doesn't please me.....i have just test the look for this picture.......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  3. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

This is the best thread ever, you sir are doing an amazing job. I've read most of this thread twice. Really glad I found it.

4. frosty-49

frosty-49

YOU ARE KNOCKING THIS OUT THE PARK GREAT JOB

rickl and volvobrynk like this.
  5. greybeard360

greybeard360

I picture swivel buckets..... just like some of the customs from the 60's

I think those will look killer in there !!!

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  6. Ratatouille, I am sitting at my computer in Perth, Australia and just found & subscribed to your thread. As everyone has said, your work id great and the car sticks out like a dead dingo's donger.. Magnifique! I look forward to seeing the rest of this build and man what could you do with a DS19 lol!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello again,

the problem with US parts, it's the import charge and shipping price. I cannot buy "my dream parts", it's too expensive for me, so these seats are gonna stay for a moment in my car, and i wanna drive my Fregate ASAP, it's not the best, but it's a good compromise.

About shipping price, i'm in trouble with my next purchase, Whitewall Tires size 16....the shipping price is x2 the tire price!!! amazing (total 1500$ for 4 tires!!!). I'm looking for a pair of bel air 1951/54 rocker panel molding, too long, oversize shipping....damned.

So i must wait to find something in Europe, but it's rare parts.....

About the seats, i'm not fix them yep (i need to think about bolt base support and security tilt lock system), .......and i'm waiting a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda console........

Anyway, white is white, le's try to clean these front seats....

[​IMG]

Bad weather today, i have not take off the car cover for the picture, but we can see that it's better...(see the difference with the rear bench color....;) )
    [​IMG]

About DS19, yes, this car can be a real cool car, but let me finish this one ;)

pitman, volvobrynk and 51 BIRD like this.
  8. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Seats fit the car fine for me- just need to restuff them.

Always a nice car to look at!

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

The rear looks a bit narrow, but the fronts look just fine with a nice console in the middle. I dont know if you can get the Roth flake locally. If not you might want to look at Didspade. I've been buying my flake from them and they have better prices than most, might help ya out a bit. save a few bucks on it to take the post girl to dinner on her ride. ;)
    I cant get over your build, such an ugly car, turned into a real head turning kustom!

10. greybeard360

greybeard360

Back to your scallops.... try matching the color to the piping on the seats... ;)

11. 1951hudson

1951hudson

Ratatouille, I don't know if you have ever seen them, but there are companies out there that sell fake white wall sides for tires. I see them on ebay all the time pretty cheap. I have no idea how good they are, but I have to admit that I have seen cars at car shows with them and they look good! Maybe someone else on here can comment on how the quality is?

12. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Ratatouille,I've been following your build since the beginning and you are amazing!
    Before you purchase 'flake,check out this place: http://www.paintwithpearl.com/
    They ship it as a dry powder,you mix it into your clear. Prices are very reasonable.

13. Tony724

Tony724
    from Pa.

WOW...nice!!!!!

14. Kustom Graphics

Kustom Graphics

Great documentation of your work! Great Job!

15. http://www.vintagetyres.com/p/contact
    Did you try these guys in England?
    They could throw their tyres across the channel to you if they have what you are looking for.

There's guys or groups of guys that buy parts/cars and wait till they have enough to fill entire containers- then ship the containers. Not sure how to find a group but I know if you seek you shall find

16. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys for your parts dealer adress, i must see in details all of them.....

Work of the day.........

[​IMG]
    And the work in progress......now i must cut foam to fill the empty space....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  17. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Tres soigné!!! Vous etes le MOF de Kustoms!

18. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Merci Devin, mais n'exagérons pas, un bon amateur.....
    On continue.....[​IMG]

51 BIRD and Maverick Daddy like this.
  19. Ratatouille: What's your console out of? It looks really good in there. Rear seat is looking good too! Nice work. I'm not commenting on the postal girl today. Tim

20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It would be pleasant to see some more pictures of the postal girl though. :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

volvobrynk and stealthcruiser like this.
  21. They probably have a thing going on but aren't telling us!

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I certainly couldn't blame him, she could certainly is quite appealing. ;)

23. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Call Secret Service guys, ;-)

About the console, i have just received today this 1967 Plymouth Barracuda console, i have paint the body in black, i need to clean chrome and paint the grey, and glue black carpet around the bottom......[​IMG]

the delivery service of this parts it's not done by the same postgirl, she's older, but very pretty too!!!! Don't ask me to take a picture, the next girl shown here will be .......so french glamour...., ;)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  24. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^now you got us messed up!

25. greybeard360

greybeard360

The console looks "right"..... nice choice !!!

Now.... about that postal girl..... :)

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Epy

Epy

27. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

J'ai a voudrais dire que j'ai beacoup respect pour votre travails. Cet project va tres bien. C'est tous! Enough of my "merde" French. I worked with a lot of French guys and need to practice! Keep up the great work!!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  28. pitman

pitman

29. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Guys, no news about 2 weeks, because my neighbour broke his engine, and he parked the the car so close to my Fregate that i cannot open my door to continue the interior.....i have decided to help him yesterday....and today, i can work again, cool.

I must move the car, and my seat is not bolt on the floor. I build a base for the driver seat
    [​IMG]

It's ok, correct position, and it's confortable. All the metal tube will be hidden by carpet cover. Tomorrow, passenger side.
    [​IMG]

30. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Let's continue.....passenger seat? Done!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the system is ok, giant or dwarf will seat confortably...
    [​IMG]