Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Old Detroit Kustom...anyone remember it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Today I was at Widners Collision located Downriver....stomping grounds of Bill Hines, Dick Dean, Chuck Miller, their Dad owned this killer Ford..bought it off a rich kid who's Dad owned a car lot on Fort Street....wish he still had it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    41FordSuperDeluxe likes this.
  2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My Dad and my Uncle had a buddy in high School named Charlie. Charlie's was an only child and his dad I think was a Ford engineer. My dad said Charlie always had some interesting cars. He had gotten a chopped 39 or 40 merc convertible that was partially finished, it was rumoured that it was originally started at Barris Kustoms. He had the car finished, possibly at South Side Customs. He doesn't remember what became of the car. This would have been Trenton to Rockwood area mid-late 50's.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  3. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Here's another picture. Looks to be the same Merc, then owned by Jerry Yates. I think this is the same Mercury that was built by Richard Reaume and later restored by Harry McAuliffe. 40 merc-2.jpg

5. Damn... I think that's it! Similar story I was told too! Wish it was in my garage

6. Their Dad is still into cars..now stockers. They did a Model A a couple years ago and will have a 37 Ford at the Motor Mustor. Every time I stop in there I stare at that photo hanging in the office.

7. I believe the owners name was Jerry Yatch.

Mick

8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I think your right, couldn't read it all.