Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Coker Tire cruse-in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dave plmley, Apr 13, 2015.

1. dave plmley

dave plmley

It was an organizational disaster. We drove ninety miles from middle Tennessee only to be turned away. We couldn’t get our vehicles though the gate, were told there was no more room. There was plenty of open space, but there wasn’t any communication from the staff to the jerks they hired to man the gates. All I can say is I have been, but don’t know if I will again. Attached is a link to slideshow of a few of the cars, some are not HAMB friendly, thank God we all don’t like the same thing. I wish I could drive that big blue Packard as my daily driver!
    http://s31.photobucket.com/user/davedeltadog/slideshow/coker tire?sort=3

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I for one am aghast...

( what the hell does 'aghast' mean, anyway?)

... thanks for the pics.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Not really trying to be negative, but from the pics it looks like the show was held in a back alley somewhere. Do they have lawn in TN?

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics. looks like there was room for for your ride too.

5. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

When I'm agassed I blame the dog.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    lucky-13, tb33anda3rd and 3wLarry like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice photos of some interesting cars, thanks for sharing. It looks like the early arrivals or "special attendees" May have taken up quite a bit of more space than they needed with some of the power parking.

7. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

Chaz, Not in parking lots.

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nice pics Thanks! A buddy and I discussed going down from Ohio glad family plans changed ours! That would have been a real pain to drive so far and be turned away! Looked like plenty of room in there to me!

9. hudson48

hudson48

I think it was held at Coker's building and there is a street right in front. Also next door to Honest Charleys Speed Shop(Owned by Corkey). Been there and did the tour of the Museum. Great.

10. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago . Drove 110 miles got turned away with clearly room to park. Worse than that broke a valve spring on the j as we came of interstate had to call my dad to come from home with a trailer to get me.great show but I haven't been back cause of the way it was handled

11. K204DR

K204DR
    from Chatt TN

Yeah they need to get a handle on the traffic jam situation.

12. k9racer

k9racer

As I was turned away I was told the open space was being saved for a Corvette club.. I was in a 48 Chevrolet ..I guess the 4 tires I was to pick up can be returned to the stock room. I have made purchases from the coker family for many years. Nothing like customer service.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nothing against Corvette clubs but I attended a show in Southern Ky a few years ago where the same thing was done. They sectioned off a very large parking lot for a Corvette Club that never showed up, so all those spaces were left vacant. So the revenue the sponsoring club could have collected for those prime spots was nill! Unless they were prepaid which I have no way of knowing.

14. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Now now, you guys know that you want to look at rows of stock vettes...........

15. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

i like when the vette club show up. Gives me someone to poke fun at. I spent 60k on my new vette and put a cheesy shiny vette jacket on and cb antenna on the back so i could talk to my buddy's in the other vettes

16. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Glad I didn't go . . . I see the pictures and always think it would be an awesome show to go to but I never hear this side of it . . .

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Oh I look at everything! I just look closer at the COOL stuff!

18. No response from the Coker camp. Tic, tic, tic, tic........

19. I have been to them for the last three years. Great event, free, they opened up more room, but you get the gold chainers and power parkers that get there during the nite. The last two events I got there at 10.30 and was the last vehicle let in, and yes there was a lot of open room. They even filled the parking lot across from t bones bar. I did not go this time, because of other priorities, but as with in car event, this is what finally happens. I heard they are not going to do the fall event.

20. gfbracing

gfbracing
    from Rome Ga.

Awesome show to attend in my opinion, parking was first come first serve just like any other event i have ever attended. If you want a decent parking spot i would suggest getting there early.