Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SHOW ME SOME PEARL WHITE!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Flat-Foot, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I am looking for the right pearl white for the roof of my car. I want something just a little off white, not a cream color but not bright white. I would like a pearl with a hint of gold to it. Show me some pics with color codes or names if you know them. I don't mind a metallic but nothing too modern looking.

I have been looking and I like some of the HOK stuff but I am just searching for some other options or recommendations.

THANKS!

I found this pic on the HAMB. The pic says Shangri-la white pearl. I havent had any luck finding any more info or getting a hold of the guy.

[​IMG]

2. aaggie

aaggie

I have a new Silverado pickup and the color is called Diamond White. It looks like a cream color but in the Sunlight it really comes alive. It is pearl base with silver metallic in it. Check it out.

Flat-Foot likes this.
  3. My old '99 Eldorado's pearl white color might work for you. It's a cream white with a lot of gold pearl in it.
    Look it up in a PPG book sometime. Sharp looking.

Attached Files:

• 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      240.3 KB
      Views:
    Flat-Foot likes this.
  4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Is it a metallic color?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are enough pearl white late models running around this town with factory paint a guy should be able to take his pick of shades. I've been thinking on the same thing for the top of my 71 GMC if it ever gets to paint again.

6. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Diamond White is the most common G.M. White Pearl (3 stage). Spies Hecker has converted this color into a (2 stage) instead of a (3 stage). If that is the color you want, ask your paint supplier if they have
    a (2 stage) conversion and save yourself a bunch of time, money, and headaches.

VR&C.

7. 5window

5window

My '31 coupe was a very '80's pearl-white with purple metallic fenders. Now it is a proper Model A Ford green with black fenders-much better. Good luck with your project.

8. More metallic than most pearls I've compared it to.
    Lot of pearl in it.

9. My wife owns a pearl white metallic '07 Solara , a nice color but the Diamond White Pearl color of my '99 Eldorado really comes to life in the bright sunlight.
    The Eldorado color is more cream shade than the Toyota pearl white.

10. Cadillac Diamond White.....

11. lowlinc

lowlinc

Its White Diamond Tricoat on the newer GM's. That's what my truck is.

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I checked out the diamond white and I really liked it. It matched the white of my interior perfect so I decided to go for it! Thanks for the suggestion guys

13. Strittan

Strittan
    from Sweden

This '58 Pontiac is pretty cool. From Rik's Larry Watson photo collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. For off the shelf my son has a '14 WRX in pearl white I thought was a sweet color.

15. That 1958 Pontiac by Watson didn't have this New Car Pearl that is mostly powder pearl. [ In 1958 Watson Didn't Use That Power SHIT
    Pearl. ] In1958 Watson would have used a cream or paste pearl that
    came in a 1 lb. jar. Like the used on the Ala Kart.
    " THIS NEW PEARL SUCKS . J. M. O.

16. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Don't use factory colors, this is a custom thread after all! Mix your pearl into your clear like the old days. It has so much more vibrancy. House of color cannot be beat for quality. There are plenty of pearl powders to choose from with various color tints, blue, red, green, gold, silver, white. The powder is what I use. It's simple and inexpensive and works with any paint product line you are going with. I mixed my pearl and then added 50% flattener over a blended candy fade paint job. You can't do that easily with factory colors.