Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just another Model A coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dexleo2, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

This looks like a good spot!
    [​IMG]

Our Crack attention to tight tolerances...
    [​IMG]

Tack it MAN! (safety first!)
    [​IMG]

Do you guys know what you're doing?
    [​IMG]

We'd better think this over... why do we like building Hot Rods again???
    [​IMG]

I don't want to know how much money I've sunk in this thing...
    [​IMG]

Did you know you really need a bench grinder to build a car right... yeah, this guy didn't... now he has a new toy...
    [​IMG]

It sucks trying to build a car around a guy that's 6' 5"! so much of the interior build is suiting the car to fit this guy!
    [​IMG]

Sterring column position figured out, master cylinder and brake pedal installed, more fab of the floor...
    [​IMG]

Extreme thinking... so much of building includes deep thought...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

Time to work on the trunk lid again...

what a nice derier
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

his ears are still ringing...
    [​IMG]

Nice Fit!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where we ended up for the day... we where pooped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Noland

Noland

looking cool, neat build. I cant imagine trying to fit someone thats 6'5'' into a model A coupe. good luck and happy building

4. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

Figured I'd update this for him... The complete rear suspension and frame work was just tacked in place before. Last weekend, he spent some quality time going through and welding everything perfect. No real need for pics but it's an update worth noting because now he (we) can really get after it now! The car is a true roller now!

5. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

Update this sucker!!!

6. JoRodder

JoRodder
    from Belgium

Looking good!!!!

7. dexleo2

dexleo2

Just a little update to let everyone know I have not forgetton about my project, just life got in the way for a little bit. Ran out of cash and sold a couple cars to round up some cash for parts. Anyway a pile of parts are on the way, seats should be here soon. Once I get a customers O/T car done, it will be full throttle again on my A. Thank you for your intrest.

8. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

And with that pile of new parts what better way to get inspired that to head to the KK Salina show! I can't wait!

9. dexleo2

dexleo2

Well just a little bit of an updated. Got the A pulled out of the corner of the shop today and back on my hoist bay where I do all the work on it. I have a pile of parts that I wanted to get started on today but worked on lowering the rear about 2 inches so it will not have such a hard rake on it. I have the front end on 4 inch blocks for now so you have to picture the front end 4 inches lower. Will make some more progress Sunday lord willing. Thanks

Attached Files:

10. dexleo2

dexleo2

well today got the seats mounted and bolted in. Also got the steering colmun mocked up. I had to set the seats back as far as I could for the simple fact I'm 6ft 3 so I needed all the leg room I could get. Had to mock up the steering to see where everything came out and fit. After several hours of playing with seat and steering colmun angles and placement, this is how it turned out. Thanks

Attached Files:

11. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Looks good, right choice on not using a belly button motor!

12. Looking good. What are the seats from and where did you get them?

13. dexleo2

dexleo2

The seats I got off ebay for 60.00 each and they are low back jeeps seats. I was really worried about how they would look in the car, but I think they look the part and will work great.

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

15. ADV1

ADV1
    from Gretna, NE

Looks good man!

16. dexleo2

dexleo2

4-11-15.jpg 4-12-15.jpg Well its been a long time, but I'm back on this project again.. I took a couple years and had to go back and do some dirt track racing. I just can't seem to get that out of my system, but I'm determined to get this hot rod back on the road. Since the last updates I have filled the roof with a insert I cut off an 1985 Camaro, I installed the visor and mounted it permanently, which I wish I had not done yet, but I will have to work around it. I was kind of hung up on the vega steering box, but I raised the motor and made my own motor mounts on the frame that gave me enough clearance for the box and shaft.

I also junked that 84 H.O motor and put in a 1966 Ford 302 which has the water pump outlet the same as the chevy motor. It was shorter with the pulleys on it than the 84 so I will use this one and save some much needed room in the engine compartment.

I ordered a Radiator and I got the wrong one. As you can see in the pictures its too short and not wide enuff. I may need some help from the members on this. I have a 29 frame and a 31 body, so what radiator do I need or can I just run a 32 radiator with a 32 grill shell like I want?

This weekend I really want to get the breaks done, and build a box for the battery and get the logistics of that figured out. Then I will pull the body off and finish up the underside and roll the frame over and finish weld all the stuff I have just tack welded in place. I still have a very long road ahead but getting back into the grove will help get in along

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015