Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A Sedan Trunk Mount Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louder50, Apr 12, 2015.

1. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

Has anyone ever hidden a custom fuel tank inside a platform rear mounted trunk on a model A sedan? I cant figure out if its a great idea or the stupidest idea ever? Seems like it might just work?

2. Seen several done,should be easy.I have a fordor so mine will be behind.

3. So you're proposing using your gas tank to protect the rest of your car in a rearend collision? :confused:

4. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

well I know the oem tank location is out, saddle tanks are not something I want so its either put the tank where the back seat goes or out on the rear platform in the trunk or a 32 tank hanging off the back, I dont know of any other options? Ive already made peace with the fact that if I get hit hard from any direction in a model A I wont have to worry about getting up for work any more. If I get packed from behind Id rather have the fuel cell blow apart outside the car. On a good day the a hole who hits me gets some too.

5. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

DSC_0039.JPG My car was hit at the right rear tire a little over 2 years ago and I have a deuce tank on the rear. I know it wasn't direct rear hit, but nothing happened. I would rather have it hanging on the rear of the car like this than inside the car with me in the event it did get hit and burst. By the way, even if you put it inside the car where the rear seat it, there is only sheet metal between it and the car that hits you.

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. 32"s came like that and others.Stillkruzn that looks good,thanx for the pic.