Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hole in the headliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gus68, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

OK. This is just temporary, so don't get into a big wad. My 62 belair has a "decent" headliner EXCEPT for one hole above the pass side door about 3 or 4 inches around. I WILL be replacing the headliner but probably next winter or so. Anyway, getting close to getting this car on the road and hoping to cruise it this summer. Sooooo... anyone got any good ideas as to "fix" this hole? Some sort of patch? may be some sort of sticker? or something??? Thanks for any advise!!!

2. squirrel

squirrel

The headliner in my 57 Suburban had a hole in it about 2" x 4". I just left it there when I redid the truck. It's just an old Chevy.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Damn high heels!!!!!!!!!

lewk, Paul B, squirrel and 1 other person like this.
  4. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Slap an STP decal on it for now...still cool. Years ago we used to patch canvas with a product called Tug of War... I'm not sure if it's still around, but it would allow you to put a piece of cloth in behind the hole...far from invisible though.

5. dadseh

dadseh

6. Tough thing to repair. Had my vinyl guy try several cars over at our used car lot the past upteen years.
    There's nothing behind the material to hold it firm so it's unlikely any kind of Mickey Mouse repair will look decent.
    If it's in the concave portion it's not going to take too well to patching.
    My advice.................leave it alone or paste your favorite Betty Paige pinup shot over it.

7. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two dirty bare footprints......Badge of HONOR!....or on-her.....sorry....tee hee

8. 54vicky

54vicky

make it bigger stick in a sunroof.anybody ask it was a factory experimental very very rare.in a more serious note as said nothing behind to hold patch just tell people not to look up or they will go to hell

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Get a rubber snake, cut it in half and shove it in the hole in the headliner so the head is sticking out.

10. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Oh that's AWSOME! But I bet my wife would NEVER ride in it again! I like the STP sticker idea though. Tryin to give the car a 60s street racer look to it.