Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Hot Rodders Dream Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Todd M., Mar 19, 2015.

1. Todd M.

Todd M.

2. Todd M.

Todd M.

From what I understand the auction just has a portion listed so far. Some of the photos show rows of all kinds of goodies!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Good lord - three '34 sedan deliveries. (How much do kidneys sell for now?)
    Hope to see some build threads come out of this!

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Todd M.

Todd M.

It would be nice if I came a way with one for a build. That 1932 roadster has me thinking ;)

5. millersgarage

millersgarage

He's been posting photos on Instagram for a while. There are an amazing amount of body's and parts. His father's collection.

6. millersgarage

millersgarage

Madtorquer on Instagram

7. Todd M.

Todd M.

This photo is just a small portion of a collection started and untouched since the early '60's! I wished I could make a dent in that collection. Not enough room or money.
    [​IMG]

8. Model T1

Model T1

Just when we've seen em all we realize we haven't seen em all. So close to home yet so far away!
    Thanks for posting.

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. Todd M.

Todd M.

10. Rckt98

Rckt98

Holy shit, this is the mother lode of projects & parts. Lots of 55 - 7 Chevs, converts, nomads as well as the early Fords.

11. cryobug

cryobug

Click on the proxibid link in the first post and you can get aution results.

12. That's unbelievable. Looks like he hoarded all of the right stuff.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Model T1, volvobrynk and olcurmdgeon like this.
  13. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

I always find out about these things after the fact

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Ditto, distance to me and finance are also working against me. What a collection of tin! Some reasonable sale prices at auction closure.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Todd, I most likely drove past this place 100's of times when I was working on the space coast years ago. Who would have known. What a collection! Hope you get something from it.

16. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I watched on line for a while. Some of it was pretty spendy

17. cryobug

cryobug

Bob was a Friend of mine. I knew he had a lot of parts and cars but I also knew he didn't want to sell any of them so I never told anyone about him. I think most of the harcore hotrodders in central Florida knew him. He would take a few parts to the Turkey rod run just to have fun and look for other deals but he was mostly a collector not a seller. I ask him about selling me a cabriolet several times and he would just say he didn't have anything I would want. He told me years ago he had cars stored all over the place. His son David whom I have known since he was a young man told me a story of where nearly every car at the auction came from and how he and Bob came to have them.
    I always thought a lot of Bob and will miss him. No one knew he had become a hoarder of car parts. He was the same guy I always had known the last time I saw him. He always seemed happy and put his faith in the lord and was not afraid to tell you. He was one of the finest people I have known.

ME.GASSER, kiwijeff, The37Kid and 6 others like this.
  18. Skimmer

Skimmer

Absolute fantastic collection ...........

19. Cryobug, Thanks SO much for the insight in to this fascinating man. Quite sure he was a cool guy to hang with. Last night, I looked at ALL the auction results and pondered the future of these treasures. Today heading south out of Jacksonville on I-95, I saw the red '36 Cabriolet, on a trailer. Was thinking about who scored this priceless relic and what the future holds for it. Call me weird, but this was like sacred ground, and truly hope the buyers do Robert proud and breathe some life into this vintage tin. My close buddy Ramblur, made the trek over, yesterday to catch all the action. Was able to score some killer Buick and Cadillac wires. Auction company reps were no dummy's, selling off items separately, vs including them with the related vehicle.
    So much to think about..in other words...if these cars could talk. :confused:

JT

Model T1 likes this.
  20. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

How nice was the 34 three window with the flathead? Wish I could have gone.

21. Squablow

Squablow

Great stuff and a great story. Some of those bodies I would consider a real bargain, I know the rougher '32 roadster didn't have much left, but for that price, wow! I woul have been tickled to buy it for that. I think some wise bidders got themselves some great deals here.

22. I agree plus it's real and I'd make sure nobody stole the title for some plastic deuce!

23. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

so basically.............. a ''crustly old rich white guy'' auction. and since its down in florida most can keep their slippers on and just take the golfcart............
    not trying to sound mean spirited but theres no chance in hell id be able to afford most the insane prices they are sure to bring!

24. uncle buck

uncle buck

Gee , are we having a bad day? Tthe auction was last Saturday and the sale prices by todays standards actually looked low compared to recent auctions.

25. Todd M.

Todd M.

If I where a crusty old rich guy, I would have done the very same thing, but devote all my time to building some really trick Hot Rods.

26. Carter

Carter

I'm not old or rich, probably a little crusty sometimes, but I had a good time and bought some stuff.

27. it was VERY nice

28. I scored a Scott SBC injection set-up, very rare piece. In review I feel that most of the item's were reasonable.

Scott fi.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  29. I'd build a car around that!

30. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

LOL, I bet you would (as would many others)!
    "Lets see, guess I'll need just a few more things....