Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Thanks HRP I was wondering if you were still checking in on the build. Should have the frame back from Gary in a week or so and hope to have it rolling on it's own soon.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

More pics of the chassis work by Krylon. DSCN0512.jpg DSCN0511.jpg DSCN0510.jpg DSCN0509.jpg DSCN0508.jpg DSCN0507.jpg DSCN0506.jpg DSCN0505.jpg

kidcampbell71, wedjim and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Very nice. What year bellhousing uses the release arm on the passenger side? Seems like a real problem solver to gain some space.

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I believe there is a knock out provision there, and a emobossed area for pivot ball on pass side, just needs to be drilled and tapped. Gary machines out the hole and welds up the drivers side.

5. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. EL roach,
    checked OUT YOUR ROADSTER and I really like it....Very cool.

7. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Looking good Dennis!

9. Thanks, Rob lee.
    Picked up a WC 5 speed for it the other day from a good friend.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. DAM! Found out today that the 92 Camaro WC T-5 I bought will not work as it has the Ford bolt pattern and will not hook up to the GM bell. What the hell was GM thinking to do this....?
    Any one looking for a good deal on this T-5

11. brady1929

brady1929

Find out if the "good friend" will take it back.

12. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I preached the same speech, his friend is a good guy and should honor the deal.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

bummer on the trans... chassis is looking great!

14. bonesy

bonesy

I'm digging the chassis. Very cool.

15. Picked it up today from Gary and just wanted to say I am very impressed with his skills. Very nice set up on the bell housing. Can't wait to get everything in primer & paint so I can start putting things together.
    Thanks Gary from CORNHUSKER ROD SHOP

16. Just wanted to chime in to say the remodel of the basement flood is coming along and I will be back on the 3 window build very soon. Need this weather to warm up so I can get some sand blasting done on some of the frame parts so I can shoot some primer.
    Bigdeuce did find me the right transmission at last so another piece of the puzzle has been taken care of.
    No luck selling off the 5 speed tranny so guess I will have to give it back to Gary.

wedjim and loudbang like this.
  17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

They make a adapter to fit your trans to chevy, he is a HAMB
    I dont remember his name but its less than $200. and you can use a hydrolic throw out bearing.The input shaft is longer but everything works

18. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

check Inliner here on HAMB he has a adapter that will make it work and you can use the hydrolic throwout bearing and it's under $200. Frank

19. BACK IN THE SHOP AT LONG LAST!
    Well the big flood of 2015 is all taken care of and I have returned to the shop at long last to work on the 3 window. Boy does it feel great to be back working on it. Got my old frame stand out and rebuilt it to take this frame with no front horns. Been sanding and have a small amount of blasting in areas I can't get to for sanding. Then it is primer time of a shit load of parts.
    Stay tuned as this is going to start coming together soon.
    Thank's to everyone for waiting for the remodel to pass.

loudbang and rob lee like this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Good to see you back at it. :cool:

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner. What a great find. Persistence pays off.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

23. fonti

fonti

Good for you, Dennis - great to see that it's coming along...

24. Well now that I am back in the shop working on the 3 window I am a happy camper. But you all know that building a hot rod is not all wine & roses. I was hopping to run a stock length hood with the bones style front bobbed horns. Well it can be done, but I set mine up following the book of Gow and so after many hours of trying to get a stock hood to fit I have come up with I am going to have to run a 2 inch longer hood....so much for following the book. Should have read through it to the end before starting.

wedjim likes this.
  25. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Keep plugging away Dennis

26. Rob Lee,
    Well I have been plugging away as you say with a lot of the smalls that have to be done in any build. Dash insert is done with gauges installed. Received my new tires from Jegs this week. Very cool if I do say so. 750x16's and 500x16's excelisors.
    Ordered my quick change last week from Gary at Cornhusker hot rods. Got frame mocked up and had to go with the 2 inch longer hood so ordered one from Rootlieb. Dam! 400.00 bucks extra for 2 inches added.....Wife said she would give 400.00 for 2 more inches.ha, ha.
    Getting all the frame parts ready to start shooting primer and paint. So things are moving forward.
    Working on getting rims ready for mounting new tires. Wish I could come up with a couple 16x5 or 6 inch rims for the back 40 Ford style. Thinking about running them tube less as I have been reading where some of the guys are doing this with good luck. Any in put on this?

27. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Sounds like your moving forward, will be watching for some wheels for you.

28. Go Dennis!!!
    I painted rear backing plates this evening for my quick change. Stunk the place up with Hammerite rustoleum.

29. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great job, Gary does some nice work!

30. Working on the seat pan I got at long last from a guy here on the HAMB. Only took 6 months.
    Waiting on my friends paint booth to free up and will shoot some primer and color on all the frame parts. Hope this will happen with in the next couple weeks. Sucks to be at the point of waiting for space to paint. But the price is right on....FREE
    Keep on board as things are changing around here. Gave up on finding 4 good rims and they want so dam much for new steel ones I bought a set of 16 inch Rocket wheels for it and you will just have to wait to see what I bought......Hope you all like them after I do my thing with them.
    Stay tuned......

kidcampbell71 and wedjim like this.