Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB Shoebox Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Dec 3, 2006.

1. TS057

TS057
    from Fargo, ND
    1. shoe box hambers

Very cool! If you got any close ups of the centers or details on how they attach I'd love to hear it!

2. Leadsled 49

Leadsled 49

They drive in like the factory dust caps. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422629509.209830.jpg

3. Here is my 51, built by Russco. image.jpg

MO_JUNK, glendale and Paul B like this.
  4. cube stude

cube stude
    from Dallas, tx

Finished interior

Attached Files:

5. cube stude

cube stude
    from Dallas, tx

except for rechrome finished grill and bumper install... had aftermarket grill and bumper...

20150408_125830_resized.jpg

6. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I Just discovered the thread, and here is my favorite shoe box ever. even built a model of it when it was in the mags! I too wonder what became of it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. John M

John M

Hey Cube Stude, did you do your own chop on the shoebox? I've been looking for anything I can find on chopping a convertible for years now. There just isn't much out there. The chop in my avatar is just the Photoshop version but is how I want it to look someday.

John

8. cube stude

cube stude
    from Dallas, tx

I am third owner of this project car but its finally about finished. it started as a 1950 sedan, the roof and the B pillar were removed, and the windshield chopped and laid back and modified to accept the rag top which is from a 61 impala and has been heavily modified, i.e. chopped and sectioned frame and bows to fit the v shaped split windshield header and to try and get the right look... then came the total nightmare of getting the windows to work!!! I would never tackle this again...
    IMG951800_resized.jpg

Paul B likes this.
  9. John M

John M

Well, it looks like it was worth it.

Mine was easy by comparison. Somebody in Texas started with a good 51 Victoria, had a ratty 49 or 50 convertible and used parts from that including the frame X-member to make mine. I'm the 2nd owner since the transplant & I've had it 8 years. Windows & top don't fit very well which besides not being an original convertible doesn't give me any pause about chopping it. Just have had other needy projects to try and keep on the road so this one is just what it is for now. It has an AMC Pacer front sub frame. Looks good on paper and lots have been used successfully back in the day, but they used the 51 Ford tie rods, etc. and a Jeep steering box to try and make it work. You can see where the rack was on the sub frame so don't know why they went the route they did. It almost surely handled better with the original 51 stuff under it than it does now. It is fixable but like I said, someday...! My 40 Stude has a Mustang II rack and it looks like the exact model I need for the Pacer setup and should eliminate the horrendous bump steer in it now.

J.

10. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

eric h is chopping one right now. been posting pics of it too

11. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

12. John M

John M

13. Cooon

Cooon

Chucked some supremes on mine yesterday. Wheels are too wide for the back, not quite sure what I will do there/will always have the steels to use too. To me it looks quite weird, mainly as I have never had wide whites on the car before. Sat the back on bump stops, and with the height in the second photo drive shaft clears the tunnel which is handy, I am not going to notch the rear or anything. Hopefully I can dig into the bags some more in the next few months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Cooon

Cooon

Quick question for you shoeboxes out there, how hard are the foxcraft fender skirts to find? And what are they generally worth? I have a set of standard skirts but thought it would be cool to get the lower looking ones.

Thanking you.

15. I found mine here on the hamb. they actually pop up fairly often on here.

jhammer likes this.
  16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Expect to pay around 300 rocks for a quality set of Foxcraft-style skirts. I say quality and Foxcraft-style because there were many different makers back in the day , and a great difference in quality of them. Some are real crap and not worth the metal they are made from. I have owned many different sets over the years.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Agreed on the quality issues, but I'd expect $200-250 for a NICE pair. Not perfect, but original with original paint and very little work needed to be perfect. For $300 they'd better match my paint perfectly.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I should clarify my statement - Expect to pay 300 SHIPPED for a set , no doubt. A lot less , and I would be very suspect of quality or condition.

19. I paid $125 plus shipping. this is the best pic i have.

[​IMG]

20. Cooon

Cooon

Thanks very much for the info guys. Much appreciated, I will go on the lookout for some.

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Wow , you got a smoking deal on them - or bought a set I wouldn't re-sell. I've had many sets go through my hands, and I know which ones I can feel 100% confident selling. If they are too cheap , they usually are just that ... Cheap. Some are not made as well , or are much more lightweight metal.
    They certainly change the look of your car , don't they ? Looks great so far , BTW

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  22. the quality seems fine on mine they for sure need some body work and the mounting arms were frozen but pb blaster took care of that and as you see them they are sandblasted and rattle can primer so not to bad.

thanks for the compliment I am really happy with how the car is coming along.

23. irlonzo

irlonzo

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438684798.628329.jpg here is my shoebox. Lots of work ahead of me

MO_JUNK and vwdave30 like this.
  24. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

IMG_20150704_120413382_HDR.jpg

Still working on the '50....getting closer (recently lowered the rear w/ 3" blocks)

25. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Here's a couple fresh shots i took the other night as the sun was coming down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MO_JUNK, daddio211 and vwdave30 like this.
  26. manyolcars

manyolcars

50 crestliner.jpg I put Aerostar front springs and new shocks on my 50 and now it bottoms at very tiny bumps in the road. Any ideas why?

27. vwdave30

vwdave30

Maybe the wrong shocks?? I got aerostar springs on mine and it rides great

28. daddio211

daddio211

Cut your bump stops down a little at a time.

29. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

Looking for 2 door inside door handle mechanism and rod that attaches to the latch mechanism. Splined door handle shaft.

30. daddio211

daddio211