Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Hey Shithead!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Thanks I enjoyed your post. Reminds me when I was 18. I had a 36 5window with an olds V8

2. haychrishay

haychrishay

X2 56don, by the way Ryan, how so I get a hold of Mary. I'm thinking about repoping these Merc T shirts and i want to sell her one to give to you.

Attached Files:

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

damn, the only time I wet my pants is when I hit my hand with the hammer

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know why RODDERS have to bitch out when they see a Victory red, Deuce Highboy; probably a bit jealous. More to the subject. Sometimes, the chicks just put us in our place. I would love to have been a fly on the wall and see the expression on Ryan's face. There is a GOD, after all.

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just gotta ask. Does your sweetie ration your ammo ? Oh, shit. Just kidding ! ! !

Model T1 likes this.
  6. I like the Merc's, but I will keep my roadster as I am to old to give a shit about what the chicks think.
    Plus I like it.

wingnutz and sodbuster like this.
  7. Girls rule, boys drool. Or so my granddaughters tell me.

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Road Angels

Road Angels

Some one said Quality with age............women are like oil, they get old and dirty.... you need to change, but then again Iam still good looking so I can do that..........LOL

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

You're missing out. :D

need louvers ? likes this.
  10. I've also never heard of that movie....it's on my list now as that Merc is beautiful!

11. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

my best friend and louver business partner has g 150972_594209950621342_1554296856_n.jpg one through two '32 3ws and a
    '34 3w in the 30+ years I have been hanging with him but this car he has had the whole time, built it himself and I swear he'll be buried in it. 401" Buick power.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. That scene changed my life,movie is great. Merc... Mohuff car built by Dick and Keith Dean . Lucero merc was built almost as a clone but Mohuff was the movie car.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, some nice bravado flyin around this one! Picture that lovely young thing in the passenger side. She's holding her knees together keeping a scarf between them. "Honey, this scarf won't drop until you get that Merc painted so..." Truth be told you could hear the air compressor and DA sander buzzin all hours of the night. Bullshit? Doubt it...

Nothing at all wrong with a real kustom and a broad that loves it. Not one of you would turn it down given the chance and opportunity. Hey, my dream cars include a front engine dragster with full body work and I'd damn sure have Mrs Highlander backing me into my staging spot, and I'd let her steer it back to the pits too. She's a rare exception to kustoms over rods. My 1st couldn't care less about any of it. Looked at a Duesenberg engine once and said "Who cares about a damn engine?" Sat in the car while I flagged street races. Some will never get it, male or female, so we need to embrace the small group we truly are and embrace the differences just as much. And I'll bet those girls would enjoy the 49-52 Chevy thread just as much as one about Mercs.

need louvers ? likes this.
  14. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I really do like that Merc in the movie....it reminds me of my father's Merc circa 1958....he painted it tangerine Orange-Pearl with a Hoover Vaccum Cleaner (when they had attachments for that)....he dated my mother in it, and to get it super low, piled in filled sandbags in the trunk, and then had to scrape trash out from under it all the time....Mercs in southern Oregon in the late 50's were 'the car' to have....he was the 'cool' guy with pretty girlfriends....and I am the guy who has to 'borrow' the wifes car to run parts all the time!!!....I think that Merc in the movie is pretty awesome in my opinion...but I lean towards the 'beater' convertible as more fun, and realistic in my humble garage.:D

15. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Shared the clip with my wife she busted out laughing, then she said that had to be embarrassing for those boys

16. Never heard of this movie... but so far I like the cars!

17. So apparently this is one rare movie! 2 dvd listings for it on Amazon, with the cheaper being $366.06! Who in their right mind pays that kind of money for a dvd? Much (?) more reasonable on that other auction site.....only $59.00! Not on you tube, unless you click on some shady link taking you god only knows where else! Anybody else found it anywhere?

18. You can find it at Jay Ohrberg's Hotrodmemories.com. not sure what the price is.

Mick

19. Thanks, L urker Mike! Had to page through a lot to find it, but it was by far the cheapest I've seen it @ $25.00!

20. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

21. Jonneville

Jonneville
    from NY and UK

Never heard of the film before but that clip sure is funny. Bought the movie straightaway on English ebay for $4 and it arrived this morning - can't wait to watch it.

Regards

Jon'.

22. Yeah, I forgot to mention in my post that there were several reasonably priced region 2 versions of it available.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

24. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

In some alternate dimension high school kids drove cars like that.

25. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Merc's, '32's, Tri-five's, there's a reason popular cars are popular, then and now. I've been guilty of passing by stuff because that honestly I couldn't afford and dissing it with the comments that started this discussion. I still can't, but we're now building a '63 Riviera for my wife. Now that we have it, we see them everywhere it seems. My buddy Jake just did the suspension for one belonging to another friend of ours, and, even though they're popular, and almost common, the look of a smooth, even entirely stock Riv hunkered down over polished 5 spoke Astros with skinny whites makes me weak in the knees just like they did in 1965. We all want to be different, just like everybody else...

26. That is a fine Merc. I too have not seen this movie but when it came out I was in college and busy racing mountainbikes while working my ass off in radio and construction with the National Guard thrown in..........................had to type that out to realize how busy I was!

27. Watched some of it last night, it was ok, but not great......(however, I'm under the weather so my opinion might be skewed by my being sick!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. It's an ok movie....one of the best lines is when the little brother says his girlfriend wears a training bra...the older brother says "her tits do tricks "

29. birdman1

birdman1

during a "friendly" argument with my wife, when she says"Henry, you better watch it", I know it is time to shut up! Glad to see you made it through the winter Ryan.

30. Lcats

Lcats
    1. A-D Truckers

Gotta love the Merc -

lothiandon1940 likes this.