Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '36 Chevy Coupe Barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChucksCrib, Apr 5, 2014.

1. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

49ratfink, Sorry about the typo!!! I guess I am to old to proof read my on post. Jeff

2. 36 Vette

36 Vette

Here is a group that is all about 1936 Chevys: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/1936ChevyOwners/info
    Rodders and restorers that get along and respect each other and a ton of knowledge about 36s which are sort of an odd year with not many aftermarket parts. 37 and newer have parts all over but almost none fit 36s. Anyway, check out the 36 group.
    Jerry

3. Just joined....thanks for the link

4. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

36 Vette, Thanks for the 36 Owners link. Membership approved just yesterday... Jeff

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking project , like the direction you are going with it.

6. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Really cool ride. I like that you are leaving the look.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Another update....

With the body off the frame, the frame has been sand blasted, mostly painted and I am in the process of installing my Fatman MII kits, Chassis Engineering rear end kits and my Chassis Engineering tranny and motor mounts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Good to see that you are making progress with the suspension kits. Looks like you scored those elusive running boards. Keep the pictures coming.......... Jeff

9. rsg2506

rsg2506

Nice streetrod!

10. Nice find!:cool: I am in CT. how did I miss this?:rolleyes:

11. Nice streetrod!

Not quite. But this coupe with the billet wheels and stuffed animal strapped into the passenger seat is.

[​IMG]

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Subscribed, great score, It looks fairly complete and in great condition considering everything.

13. A friend of mine came by and we got the crossmember and shock towers all welded up. Check alignment without having to put the body back on by hanging a running board and fender. Working on placement of the motor mounts, tranny mounts and radiator shell support next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

greasemonkey54 and volvobrynk like this.
  14. Król

Król

Thumbs up on a great find! Keep photos coming will be following your progress.

15. Scoop of that fender sure sits good on that tire ! Looks like it will be even better when it settles down with all its weighty pieces. I like it. Moving along nicely.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. She's a roller. Sway bar, fuel lines, brake lines, minor body repair and the body will be back on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

grumpy32 and volvobrynk like this.
  17. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

Would you want to sell the old front frame horn brackets?

18. I'm trying to find a set myself. The set I have are both busted off at the bumper. If I cant find a set I'll be repairing these.....actually need the rears as well as you can see from the pics

19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Good find, excellent year, little or no wood and a solid roof.

Pat

20. We threw the body on last night.....everything bolted right up. So we decided to drop in the motor/trans and that fit pretty nice as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. rsg2506

rsg2506

Where did you find all the Chip n' Dale dancers to help put the body back on? ;)

22. Quick up date.....while waiting for the front floors to come in I started prepping the firewall to weld up all the holes. Also cleaned up the front fenders and grill shell with a 1:1 ratio of CLR to water(as seen previously here on the H.A.M.B.) and threw them back on.....just 'cause.

[​IMG]

23. Update.....got the holes in the firewall welded up, Ill be shooting that with some primer soon when the humidity cooperates.

[​IMG]

Scored some non HAMB friendly early Mustang Buckets form a swap meet this past spring and got those situated.

[​IMG]

Floors, steering, e-brake, pedals and such are next on the agenda

[​IMG]

24. Awesome work!

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will have to watch this.

26. belair

belair

wow. very nice.

27. I ask you H.A.M.B.ers for leniency on my column mount it will be painted black in short order....

Threw the motor/trans back in and started working on the parking brake and steering. I made a bracket which bolts to my T5 which allows me to bolt my OEM parking brake handle too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought a Speedway steering column and a mount from ididit. which still allowed me to use the pedal access panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got sick of looking at the glove box patch today and started welding that in.....but no pics

tb33anda3rd and volvobrynk like this.
  28. Harley linville

Harley linville