Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks Simon. I am really looking forward to it. The New Zealand part as well as the week after that in Port Fairy. It must have been over 4 months since I was last there. It will be good to catch up with everyone down there and to get out into Tony' s garage.
    This morning I have been digging through my photo collection, as I have a bit of a project on the go. I can't say much about it here. But damn I have a lot of photos. I think I need to sort through and organise them better. As well as scan a lot of them for showing here.
    OK here's a few to start with.
    The first 2 are of a Panhead Harley I striped many years ago, at an event in Mirboo North staged by Judy and Wayne. I am sure Rick aka Hoey will have vivid memories of this particular afternoon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This next one is a shot in my garage of my 5W beside a '37 tudor that Gary rebuilt from a very forlorn old street rod, for his brother Kevin!

[​IMG]

Geoff

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    jimpopper likes this.
  2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

As I said in my last post, I have been digging through my old photographs here.
    To keep this thread ticking over, here is a few more I found.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tish427

Tish427
    from Australia

The deck lid is coming up a treat!

4. Great pics Geoff, I hope you and Tony enjoy NZ and get us lots of photos for us all back here. Travel safe guys.

5. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, thanks for the old photos. I realy like that pan it looks a lot like what people are trying to replicate now days. Keep them coming.

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Talk about breaking the rules ? I just had a head-butting contest(which I lost) with one of the "regulators" from my home state. Holy shit ! ! I have no better luck when it come to translating some of the jargon from down under. LOL. I'll keep trying to understand. G'day, mates.

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the comments guys.
    It's not us Aussies that talk strange, it's the rest of the world.
    Anyhow here is some shots.
    Gary's Austin was stored for a long time down at his uncles. It was in good company, with an Australian '34 willy's coupe. I did a quick photochop on the Willy's in this shot.

[​IMG]

Here's a few shots from a local show. My coupe would have only been on the road a couple of years here. I didn't know Tony at this time. But I think they had traveled from Melbourne for the show!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fuzzybear, Wardog and jocktherock like this.
  8. Tish427

Tish427
    from Australia

Looks like all of the burbank choppers will be joining you guys in New Zealand.

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ah ha, Brendon. Yeah I saw that in the promotional stuff I read. I don't think Rita and Renee' were able to organise that just for Tony though.
    I guess a guest appearance by me, was the best they could do for Tony?

Geoff aka whodaky

Outback likes this.
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Ok, so the last couple of days I was going through photographs. Well this past couple of hours I have been going through SD cards. So many cool images. Anyhow here are some for your viewing.
    Maybe Tony will comment on them when he sees them.
    The last 2 images are of Renee's sport coupe the day Sam and Tony were painting the body. I still have the overspray on my camera from that day.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cruisin', jimpopper and jocktherock like this.
  11. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff, These shots are cool ,but the best one is my 36 3 w chopped very nice. And thanks Gary for the well wishes buddy, and I am sure Geoff will be getting the scope and photos from N.Z. I must go and finish my neighbour's before it gets dark, I will be back later.

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

How did I know you'd notice your 3W was chopped and it would be your favorite image out of that lot?
    I guess you'll like this one also.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

13. 140326ClareBros..jpg Those old Fords are neat. If anyone sees a DLRA Speedweek '15 thread can they post a link(s) here. Thanks. So bummed I didn't get there. Gotta feeling the weather/ deck was close to perfect.

p.s; I just heard Trent Clare flown to R.A.H. (critical) following Tuesday crash. Drawing from last year added;

p.p.s; TV now saying 'Intensive care'. Hoping that means improving condition.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for that Spoggie. I was just out at Gary's working on the Austin. Gary said Wayne ( Mumford) had messaged him saying there had been a bad crash.
    Wayne isn't there, as he didn't get his belly tank finished.
    Yes can only hope for the best for Trent. I was there when Rod crashed the rail all those years ago. It is very sobering seeing a plane land on the salt to take someone away to hospital.

Geoff aka whodaky

15. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

So thats who owns that grouse sport coupe.!

Hope all (Trent?) is ok after the crash

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a bunch of shots to keep this thread ticking over.
    Outback, I have a number of images from the day Renee's sport coupe body got painted. When I get a chance I will upload some of them and show them here.
    I know the VW isn't a hot rod. But it is a neat little car my nephew owned for a number of years. It's all original paint and all, but lowered!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cruisin' and 509garyd like this.
  17. Wardog

Wardog

Twin Vickis cool, The F100 is very tidy.

18. jimpopper

jimpopper

I am doing a dodge hemi powered 31 Ford Model A pick up. Chopped, channeled and with a quick change next. I am thinking right hand drive for the novelty of it over here. What would be the best manual steering gearbox for cross steering this? As always, I am setting back enjoying your musings and photos.

19. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Hi, everyone, it's Ethan the kid, now term 1 for school is finished, it's time to get a good shot at me' old ford 34 pick-up

Gary.D, dad's painting the engine, gearbox and wheels tomorrow and all of the front end components. So hopefully, we get it all back together during Easter, before he goes overseas for quite some time

20. Thanks for update Ethan, take plenty of pics of the what you and Dad get done today and post them on here when you can buddy.

21. I guess I'll put up some pics of the pinstriping I did today to keep this thread ticking over while the blokes are across the ditch.

First is an emu egg that I bought from the Ballarat swap meet this year. (it's a really cool colour, the picture really doesn't do it justice.)
    [​IMG]

Next is a sign that I uuuuuuhhhh....... "found";). I've still got a little more to do on this one.
    [​IMG]

22. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Hey guys. This is Geoff aka whodaky here at Rita and Tony's home. We got back home on Wednesday, we stayed at Rick's place and drove home on the Thursday. That's the condensed version, I will give the lowdown on our incredible trip when I get home in a week or so. I managed to take over 1000 images, not that I will post each and every one of them
    Thanks guys for those who have posted whilst we have been away.

Geoff aka whodaky

Cruisin' likes this.
  23. Glad to hear you guys are back and had a good time. We all look forward to hearing all about it Geoff. Kalinda asked me to post this picture from earlier tonight. I think her and milkshake the new galah thought they were driving the roadster... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428057003.289071.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428057024.908234.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428057238.063895.jpg

24. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Agree with 509garyd,happy that you r back home safe! Having the Ipad fullycharged & tapping nextlongest finger at workbench so just start to hit photos from your Kiwitrip in our faces.... Tap,tap,tap....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. It was great to finally meet you after all these years, Geoff! :cool:
    The Blowout was another awesome event, as usual.
    Looking forward to The Nostalgia Drags tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    David

26. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Thanks Kalinda, they are great shots. You and Milkshake are both very photogenic and have great smiles.
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting but I won't be posting images until I get home, as I am not familiar with Tony's system!
    Yes Dave, it was also a pleasure to meet you and talk. Tony was a bit disappointed he didn't get to meet you, maybe next time.
    Geoff aka whodaky at Rita and Tony's

27. Wardog

Wardog

From what I have seen on line the blowout looked better than expected, I look forward to seeing you're photos Geoff. I hope everyone had a great Easter, my family and I spent ours at the Narrandera rod run. This is a taste of our weekend.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Outback, jocktherock and 509garyd like this.
  28. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Wardog, thanks for the great images.
    Just briefly, the blowout was great; even though the weather kept a lot of cars away. Once the rain stopped, the weather was great. I am hanging out to get home and upload the images and post most of them here.
    Tonight we are going out to Carol and Franks and we will have pseudo slide night using today's technology.
    We had a great Easter here at the Cassar household. Virtually all the family came over on the Sunday.
    Tony and Geoff aka whodaky

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

boys1.jpg boys4.jpg Hope everyone had a great Easter break!

509garyd likes this.
  30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Well my 2 weeks away has come to an end. I left Rita and Tony's yesterday afternoon and arrived home around 8.45 pm.
    I will just post the one image for now. Over the course of the next couple of days I will start to post images and words about my time away; both in New Zealand and in Port Fairy.
    Hey Tom the pickup is looking good. I see you have a couple of experienced little hot rodder's assisting you.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Wardog, jocktherock and 509garyd like this.