Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. Thanks Guys!

2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks for the update, I enjoy the heck out of this................

3. sota

sota

Barillaro Speed Emporium the best fab /hotrod shop in the south!

4. Ha! Thanks Ed, Hopefully this old roadster will be in the body shop by the middle of April!

5. Finally getting the body mounts built from the doors back.

Attached Files:

6. Done some tweaking on the pitman arm and pretty happy with the steering now. Mounted the 39' tail lights. Got a long list parts and things to do to get ready to blow it apart.

Attached Files:

Cara Marie likes this.
  7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

June is a short time away — plus a long drive. Keep pushing it's "Looking Good"!

8. Thanks Lynn,
    Going to keep pushing, unfortunately the "working for living" deal keeps slowing me down!

9. sota

sota

Looks good Jim

10. Thanks Ed,
    Gonna keep plugging away to get her in the booth!

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

There will be many more LARS in the future , but you only get one chance to build your car the way you want . Safety and quality craftsmanship should be the goal , not an event that will come and go . I missed many target dates when I was building my car and I'm not a bit sorry . I hope to see you in 2016 with a really nice car , I'm sure that Vinnie is looking down and smiling . Good luck .

12. Thanks Phil,
    I'm definitely not going to sacrifice quality and detail to get the car done. Having a deadline helps keep me focused and I have a lot of work to do so it is what it is. My main goal is to build a very nice Hot Rod that I am proud to own and drive the shit out it!

Malcolm likes this.
  13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Sounds like a great game plan . I'm looking forward to following your progress.

14. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Jim
    I was diggin' through some pictures, found one of the roadster sitting in Vinnie's garage after it was wrecked.
    Send me your address & I'll send it to you.

15. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

If I'm reading the magazine page you have showing, it says Rod & Custom Feb. 1974.

16. Hey Pete,
    Sent you a PM. Thanks, Jim

17. Need a GAS gauge to replace the vacuum gauge and need to get the Temp gauge repaired.

Attached Files:

18. alchemy

alchemy

Big $$$.

19. Yep! No turning back now.

20. Picked up this cool old throttle pedal at a swap meet. It was modified and plated for something years ago and I thought it fit the Era well.

Attached Files:

Cara Marie and Tim like this.
  21. sota

sota

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cool--where's the pedal.

23. New clutch and flywheel is installed along with the clutch fork so I can build the mechanical clutch linkage. Exhaust is on the welding table getting all welded up. Bought a Glide seat and a limeworks steering wheel so I can finish getting the column shortened and build a column drop. Plan is to have all the fab work done by April 15th so it can come apart for paint.

Attached Files:

24. sota

sota

Lots of nice work Jim!

25. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Nice work on the roadster. I know you are feeling pretty stoked right now. What will be the color choice for the car?

26. Thanks Lynn,

Couple different ideas on color. Either Black with maroon interior or 1932 Tunis grey with maroon interior. Wheels will probably be black with maroon striping to tie in with the interior. I want the car to be basic hot rod but still elegant with the auburn dash.

27. Clutch linkage is working pretty good. Need to refine the adjustments and figure out return springs and stops. Plan on using original style 32' clutch and brake pads.

Attached Files:

28. sota

sota

Went to lunch yesterday with the Barillaro Speed Shop crew yesterday and saw first hand the great work going on in the shop. Jim's roadster is a bitchin build! His attention to detail is first class, Mike was working on a 32 5 window for Gene's hotrod's Mike is one hell of metal craftsmen ! Before we left for lunch a group showed up with a 49 Mercury to have the roof chop, Mike and Jim do such great work and is why the shop always has projects going on from exhaust systems, frame builds chops and other metal work projects to complete builds. Bottom line if you want it done right the first time give them a call.

29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Man--
    I sure am liking these "up skirt" shots lately.

30. Steering column is shortened and the adapter has been thinned down on the lathe so it doesn't look like it's for a Mack Truck anymore. I bought a limeworks wheel and I cut the threads off the column shafts and tapped it put 7/16-20 so I wouldn't have to drill the center of the wheel. Need to build the column drop now. Made sure the steering wheel wasn't above the dash rail. Original restored 2 5/8 SW fuel gauge is paid for and on the way.

Attached Files: