Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Idahorocks 34 Plymouth build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Idahorocks, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Idahorocks

Idahorocks
    from Spring, TX

Thanks for the compliments, gents. Been a long time to get to this point and I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel after so many disappointments along the way. But when I walk into the garage and see it sitting there, well, BAMMMM!

Couple of updates. Finally found a windshield regulator from a guy in New Zealand. Should be here in a few more days. Also learned a lesson about shocks. The ride was very bumpy. Turned out the rear shocks only had a couple of inches of travel to compress. After a little research on the Pete and Jakes website I read that you should ideally have equal travel in either direction at rest and luckily there was a lower mounting point on the rear axle bracket. Not quite half way but after the adjustment the ride was much better. Also need to find some garage time to check the exhaust leak on the passenger side manifold. The manifold bolts behind the headers are a pain in ass to reach so I just need to gut up and get it done!

Also got the top half of the hood sitting unfinished. Hood sides to remain off to show off the hemi. I think it will really tie in the lines from the cowl to the grill when done.

hot-rod 33 likes this.