Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The latest project at Jokerr Fabrication

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rooman, Nov 28, 2014.

1. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Come on guys lets see that new paint job !!!!! Roo Man on vacation ?????????

3. The skill involved in builds like this is nothing short of amazing. I am just glad I get to witness it through a great build thread with awesome pictures. Thanks for posting, look forward to more updates

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

OK , inquiring minds need to know !!! Sneak peak right from Coopers Autobody !!!!:)

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Excellent thread,extremely good craftsmanship, thanks for sharing the build with us.

6. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO JOKE!
    Metalwork, Fabrication, Welding, Details.....!!!!...WOW...INCREDIBLE WORK!

7. rooman

rooman

I have been busy on an out of the shop project (Road race Mini Coopers actually) but have some more photos to post when I can find time.

Roo

8. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would love to see some detail shots of how the torsion bars bear on the radius rods and rear end. Please and Thank you. I love the look of the understated cleanliness and tidiness of his torsion bar setups. He makes it look so simple.

9. Having seen this chassis in person, I can say it is impressive. Jo has really upped his game on this one. You truly have to see it up close to appreciate all the details. It is top-notch design and fabrication.

Hey justabeater37, the torsion bar set up on this car is very similar to the one Jo built for my coupe. Click on the build thread for the Chemical City Coupe in my signature. There are tons of pictures of my chassis there.

Come on Roo, we need some updates!

10. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Daddy O I wish I would have taken pictures when I was talking to you at Torquefest. I love your car. I have poured over your build thread and Jo's website. I am wanting to do a similar set up for my son's car and want to make sure I have the most information I can before diving in. I would love to be able to buy just a chassis from Jo but probably out of range for my current pay scale.

11. I am coming to VTF again this year. If I can get a buddy to trailer the Caddyhauler out there, I'll drive the coupe out to Iowa.

I can't wait to hook up with Marty again this year and put some miles on next to his new ride.

12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See you in a few weeks.

13. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I read that the finished frame was on display at Cobo Hall. If so, where was it, upstairs or down stairs, in the Hot Rod section. Any pictures of the finished frame? And sure would like to see a LOT more pictures of the fished body. Hey Marty B. when do you hope to see the first road trip? BILL RINALDI

14. jhl1963

jhl1963
    from ny

Any update on this? Looks gorgeous. Thanks guys

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just in (after I got thru all my held mail today)... Oct 15th GG Gazette, p 31 - pix of Mr. Kerr and the Roo Man in their natural environs. Looks like someone got a haircut. Gary

16. rooman

rooman

Finally,
    it is time to continue the story of Marty's coupe so here is the latest installment to start the new year. The plan is to complete the build story before the car makes its public debit at the Detroit Autorama. I will start off with some of the detail stuff. As there are hundreds of images in the file we may occasional backtrack as I find some more detail shots of some of this.

The gas pedal is a scratch build Jokerr part, complete with heel rest cup that incorporates the pivot mounting points. This is how it starts out with the blank roughed out. This view is from the side, looking across the pedal with the top of the pedal on the left showing the beginnings of the lug for the throttle linkage mount. At the other end are the pivot lug and the bulk of the heel rest.
    [​IMG]

Here is what the completed pedal looks like after a lot more carving and smoothing. At the left side of the vise you can just see the lug that the throttle linkage attaches to
    [​IMG]

Need a mount for the in line fuel filter--no Adel clamps here, just a custom built bracket that Joe carved out of a solid chunk and then finessed so that it looks like a casting
    [​IMG]

Need a bezel to mount the gauges?--no problem. Another solid chunk of aluminum is reduced to a cool part (along with a pile of chips). And remember that in Joe's shop it is all old school as there is not a CNC machine in sight. All of this stuff is hand carved.
    [​IMG]

Lots of chips later this is what the finished part looks like--period correct and hand made.
    [​IMG]

The brass engine turned insert is another unique hand made part that was done in house by Joe. The speedo is a Classic Instruments piece that was made to Marty's specific design especially for the car.
    [​IMG]

The bases for the motor mount biscuits are more of the same--take blocks of aluminum and carve away everything that does not look like a period correct piece
    [​IMG]

One of the standout parts on Joe's own A model is the air cleaner/velocity stack base so this is the beginning of a three deuce version for Marty's nail head.
    [​IMG]

With the bottom side done it is time to flip it over and carve on the top
    [​IMG]

The finished product.
    [​IMG]

And on the motor with the stacks shortened a little to clear the hood.
    [​IMG]

This is the start of the shift lever.
    [​IMG]

Joe's dad water jet cut the blank for the steering wheel spokes but from there on it is all hand work.
    [​IMG]
    The finished spoke package ready for the rolled 1"aluminum tube rim. The piece directly above the spokes is the gas pedal before the surface was machined with the "tread" pattern.
    [​IMG]

More to come soon--I promise! :)

Roo

Jet96, Als27T, langy and 6 others like this.
  17. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

that car is a true example of craftsmanship! I seen it this weekend at Detroit and the car is amazing!

18. What!!!! no pics????

19. zorro4153

zorro4153
    from Pa

It would be hard to get any pictures, Jo's booth was three deep with people all weekend.

20. I don't doubt that one bit!

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It is an outstanding build but I didn't get any pix, either. Sorry. Gary

22. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Anybody know the reasoning for having the speedometer designed backwards? Might have been really cool to have the oil pressure and temp guage done the same way. Nice car.

[​IMG]

23. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Sorry timwhit it was packed all show!

24. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Sometimes people have a Idea !! but Wow not a good one!! Little rough... LOL

25. 10743639_10205065283133433_1528825880_n.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016