Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dyna mat hush may or?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedyg948, Mar 31, 2015.

1. speedyg948

speedyg948

Been awhile since I've been on the board, but I seem to remember a post about alternatives to dyna may or hush mat. It was stated that Home Depot or Lowes sell a material that is used to wrap hot water heaters or boilers that is identical and much cheaper than dyna mat or hush mat. Has anyone ever used it and what are your thoughts about it?

2. Lots of posts on dopot&lowes with good comments.I think it comes in 6" rolls.

3. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Works great seems like it is found in the roofing supplies. I put it all over my 38 Project it's silver backed and sticky tar like on the front. Cuts with a pair scissors.

4. Before dyna mat hit the market a lot of us used the big box stores insulation. HRP

[​IMG]

5. speedyg948

speedyg948

Thanks for the reply. Were you satisfied with the results? While I used lizard skin on the bottom of my cab floor, I'm looking to cut down the amount of heat radiated from the exhaust through my cab floor and firewall. All unnecessary holes have been filled

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Peel n Seal is the rubberized/tar type roll and stick on stuff, works very well. I also put Reflectix in my cab, similar to what HRP posted. Makes a great heat barrier. Both sold at the lumber store.