Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st Annual Polar Bear Cruise (chicago)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Got the winter blues? If so, then get out your car and DRIVE it.

1st Annual Polar Bear Cruise

It's the same day as our Hot Rod 101 class (rebuilding a front end and lower techniques... still a few spots left so sign up NOW!), and of course I am going to end up at HRCC anyway. That's my plan. Put on by members of the Rattle Traps and Bare Bones car clubs.

Hit Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle and see some wicked builds in progress. About 11am (so as not to interfere with HR101), hit the road and end up at Abomber30's place and see what kind of sick and twisted shit is oozing from his sick and twisted mind. Maybe Zenor will let you fondle his coupe!

[​IMG]

2. Dang! I'm in Vegas that weekend with Senora Zenor, can't be there to defend my coupe from you filthy pervs. Guess I'll have to put up my trusty barbed wire velvet rope and electrified cry baby doll.

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I hear Drew has turned your coupe into a peepshow booth, 25 cents per session and you have to supply your own towel. :D

4. Just try to avoid contact with its internal fluids, you don't know where that thing has been.

5. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

zenors car is bare metal still if you guys squirt on it it will rust we do not need that hahaha hope some of you guys can make it. poker party and not just cards. hehehehe gayrods 4 life

6. Hey man, no pearl paint!

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like fun. Wish I lived closer or at least had a top and heat. Perhaps next year:cool:

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

Same here !!!!

10. Stitch

Stitch

Sounds like a wicked day of crusing and tire Kicking, but, seeing some of the baddest rods built, that way overboard. Rain, shine, or snow??? Can't wait for that Sunday!!!!!!!!!

11. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

wish i had a car done to come n hang out with you guys.. im sure zack will be there.. havent seen him in a few weeks.. hope everything is good down there!

12. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

I just emailed this link to Psycho Louie (Stromberg 97). Hopefully his 56 Dodge will have its new skins by then and the front seat will be bolted down.
    I'm looking forward to this one.

Mike

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'll be there either in my 59 Bel Air or my 65 Econoline... at least for part of it.

14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Cool, I hope you all go around here, I'll meet you later after the swap:D

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

what swap?!
    I may be at breakfast, but I'll definitely be at HRCC. I'll be at HR101, so I won't make it out to abomber's

16. THOM

THOM

TTT.... anybody that wants to come from a great distance is welcome to crash at my crib the night before... we're gonna drink and deep fry stuff...
    email me at rattletraps AT gmail.com. -THOM

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

BTTT who's going to this moving party:D , I goofed on the date with the swap so breakfast is in for me......... We are driving hotrods right:D

18. ...the tires are goin' on Saturday. Definitely looking forward to the cruise. At least I got a front seat Mike...I seem to remember cruisin' your heap with a milk crate and a spare wheel and tire. Besides...I'd bolt the seat down...if there was something to bolt it to.

19. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Can you at least put a floor mat down so the various pieces or road debris don't kick up through the large absesses where the floor pans are supposed to be. :D

20. TTT...so what's the head count looking like so far?

21. racer5c

racer5c

Jeff Savage and I are coming from Indy if the weather isnt to bad next weekend.

22. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Ill be coming from Rochelle If I get my welding done! Other wise Ill be riding with another club member. So thats 2 or 3 people here......

23. fivefootsix

fivefootsix

hello, im Jesse from the barebones cc i just wanted to let everyone that is interested in the sunday cruise know that even if you car cant make it you can! come hang out shoot the poop, bring the wife and kids! there are gonna be guys there that have no heat or windows in their cars, so we dont want to hear any of those excuses! and if you cant make it for all of the trip, then stop on by for some! we are looking forward to seeing everyone there!

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Jesse, are you driving the Galaxie or is the Shoebox roadworthy yet?

I'll be in the chevelle since the '36 is still in pieces.

25. Heat is over-rated...that's why they make leather jackets. :)

My heat does work though...but I opt not to use it for the simple fact the ducts blow right out the holes in my floor.

26. I was wondering when you were gonna show up around here! Welcome aboard...

27. fivefootsix

fivefootsix

yes, i we will be in the galaxie, the shoebox is up on stands in the garage. it is all blown apart. i was just hanging out with a couple of the atomic injectors this afternoon and they are on board! hey zenor.

28. racer5c

racer5c

there are gonna be guys there that have no heat or windows in their cars,

Windows?? Heat?? if it aint snowing I am driving my roadster from Indy

29. jrsaltz

jrsaltz

So close yet so far away. The 48 Streak hasnt had the attention it needs lately. I cant wait till its done so i can partake in some of these get togethers that are so close to home. We'll see ya there anyway.

30. THOM

THOM

ttt
    an unfortunate turn of events will prevent me from attending....
    so now, everyone thats hates me can go..!!!

attendance will double....

hey jrsaltz,
    what a coincidence... i also have a 48 pontiac that won't be going!!!!
    i'll pm you so we can talk ponchos....