Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new Banger, part II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodz, Nov 4, 2012.

1. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    This is what it looked like two mins before we left.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    120mm, volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  2. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Made it to the ferry with about five minutes to spare on our reservation.

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  3. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    This is what it looks like with the hub caps. I am realy happy with how it sits and it is a blast to drive.
    We had a fantastic time at Deuce Days. One of the best organized shows I have been to. The crowd was a little crazy though, made it hard to get pics of cars.
    We missed the cruise on the Sat and decided to make our own but I ended up having a little stalling trouble. Ended up being the gas cap, it was not venting and vacuum locked the tank. Once we figured it out the car ran great the rest of the trip. My starter failed Monday night. Got it out and going to rebuild it tomorrow. These kinds of things can be expected on a car that hasnt been driven in almost 30 years:D

4. A Rodder

A Rodder

You RULE!

Good on you for taking the kids!

5. I am a fan of two tail lights and turn signals. You might consider the brackets (available as reproductions) made for the Model A pickup to place one on each side.

Charlie Stephens

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Looks really sharp. Love the wide 5s.

What did you do with all the fenders/aprons, etc.?

7. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Bitchin ride bro!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Oh man!!! I love this! I'm a Tudor freak and you got a good one there!! LOVE the wide 5's!!!! I'm going to keep watching this one!!!

9. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Guys,
    Joe, we rarely go without the kids. I think they have as much fun as I do:)
    Brent, I wasnt going to sell any of the parts from the car but a friend of a friend deseratly needed the front fenders for his project and he offered me too much money to say no. So that kind of started a purge of parts. I still have the rear fenders and aprons stashed away in my crawl space.
    Charlie, I needed to cover up the "uglines" that was behind the spare tire holder. This kind of made sence to me for now. I realy wanted to drive it this summer. When I chop it (hoping this winter) it will get repainted and I will run dual taillights of some sort. They will also have turn signals! I came to the conculsion that no one knows what hand signals are anymore. I am trying to make a turn and people just think I am waving at them :rolleyes: Very dangerous in traffic.

10. Tedders

Tedders

You have a horse shoe hidden somewhere I paid almost twice what you did for my roadster and it's not in half the shape yours is..lol sigh..

11. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, when I saw the original add for it, I thought it was a joke or a scam. I definitly lucked out, But, Its gone other ways for me sometimes.

12. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]
    I get a few PMs asking me to fix the links that were broken for my pics from my Photobucket account so I finally got around to it as I am stuck sitting on my ass from a work injury. Anyways, they are fixed and I thought I would post a few more. Car hasnt changed much, just been enjoying it and driving it everywhere I can.
    [​IMG]
    A shot of it in front of an old school house
    [​IMG]
    and a shot of it in front of the shop I work for.

13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Absolutely fantastic tudor. Perfect…..enjoy it bro!

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, finally have something worth sharing. Got the chop started. Decided to go for a 3" chop. Here my son and I are get ready for the chop
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]
    Here is a pic of my best friend Scott and my son
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]
    And here is the chop
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still a ton of work but I am super happy with the way it looks

15. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Woodz, It looks perfect.
    Also, something you and your son will never forget
    Jim

16. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jim,
    He had a blast helping us.

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Looks good. I might have not chopped it, but... your kid looks so happy helping you - that's far more important than the chop, anyway! Gary

18. Great stuff, this is very cool.

19. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks,
    I was back and forth on the chop for a long time. When I finally decided to do it, I was going to go 4". My son David said no, only 3". After talking to a few guys on here I realized he was right :) The white walls were his idea as well. Smart kid. I love having him out there with me.
    Hoping to raise another gear head in the familly, now if I can only get the whole mustang thing out of his head lol

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

Excellent Excellent Excellent!!!
    That's gonna be awesome!

21. kiwi88

kiwi88

Very cool ride. Even better building it with your young fella, special times for you both. Chris

22. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys,
    Hey Joe, Thanks for all your advice on the chop. Really appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions.

A Rodder likes this.
  23. wickedperformance

wickedperformance
    from surrey bc

That was a super fun night Woody! Like we were in high school again! LOLOL

24. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Scotty!
    That was awesome Bro. A great night. Thanks for all your help. I couldnt have tackled something like this without you.
    I found the other clamp you were missing as well. I will bring them by your shop this week.

25. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Progress has been slow but its coming along. Now that my sons baseball season is over, I can finally get back to my car. I towed it to my budys shop tonight after work to get the body work finished on the chop and the plan was to just get the chopped parts in primer and get it back together and on the road. Now we are staring at it and he says "we are half way there, why not paint the whole car! What color do you want it?"
    Now my mind is going a million miles an hour. Ive been searching colors on here all night. I would want a somewhat original Ford color or rendition of it. Toying with Sahara tan or Dove gray, possibly Washington blue. I am not sure.
    Any ideas?
    Any photoshop help would be cool.

26. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Very nice. Subscribed.

27. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    Got the body work done and its in primer now. Next weekend we will block it out and spray it. I decided not to paint the entire car. Just going to match the paint and hope its some what close. I am just happy to get it close to being back on the road as we have had such a killer spring here and summer is starting out to be just as good and I have nothing cool to cruise in :)

slv63 likes this.
  28. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We got it painted this weekend. We only painted the top half of the car due to time and money. I cant believe how well the colour matched.
    In front of my buddies shop
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    Back at my place
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][/URL]/IMG]
    Now its time to put this thing back on the road

slv63, 120mm, waxhead and 2 others like this.
  29. Yowza' that is cool.

30. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man. I have the day off work so I am going to hammer down and try to get a ton of work done on it today, unfortunately my kids are out sailing with my parents for a few days so my son isnt here help me.