Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Back Glass & Trim on 50 Deluxe Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by POLYFRIED 35, Mar 28, 2015.

1. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I am replacing the rubber seals on my 50 Fleetline Deluxe. I started with the back glass. Put the new rubber around the glass as instructed and installed the glass back in the car using a cotton rope to pull the rubber "lip" over the pinch weld and inside the car. Now I am trying to install the chrome trim back onto the rubber. Should this have been put in place before putting the glass and runner back onto the car? There is a small lip on the tab that goes into the rubber groove on the seal and whacks with a rubber mallet get it started but it ceases to drop in the closer I get to the corner.I am afraid of bending it if I continue.

Thanks!

2. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I had also posted on ChevyTalk and it seems the trim goes on before installing onto the car.

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

4. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Thanks for the link! I just finished checking for leaks. I will be doing the front next!