Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods collector insurance double standard ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, Mar 24, 2015.

1. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I have Hagerty, and have been happy with 1 claim, I bought a Modified '56 Chevy pickup on the way home the engine caught fire and the truck burned up. I was sick! Since it was a Saturday, I had a few days to be sick! The truck wasn't even titled in my name when this happened! Talked to Michele at Hagerty's on Monday morning, NO PROBLEM! Sent a adjuster out and paid the full amount, sold the truck back to me for $1000.00 Also I have talked directly to Hagerty Rep's regarding miles driven and was told there is no limit on miles. However I couldn't use the truck like a truck and haul stuff. I wouldn't have switched to Hagerty if they had limited milage. No issues with Hagerty at all! Very satisfied.

2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

First off, coverage requirements vary from state to state. My biggest bitch is that the company that covers my home and regular cars will not extend umbrella coverage to cars insured by Hagerty.

3. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

I just got classic insurance and I asked this question. They said the car would be covered. I would call and ask them or read your policy and see what it says

4. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Sorry must have missed it? Asked what question ?

5. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Question for those that have Hagerty and Grundy. Do both of these company's require 1 daily for each driver in the house ?
    We have 1 daily, several collectors (which my wife never drives). But all of our titles are held jointly.

6. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have three cars covered by Hagerty and two daily drivers been like that for over twenty years with no problems.

7. fordor41

fordor41

I tried Skelly Oconnor yrs ago. Waited for weeks and finally I called them. They said I didn't put my wifes drivers license on the application. I told them she didn't have a license. They acted like they never heard of a wife with no license. They wanted me to "prove" she had no license! I went with Hagerty.

8. wex65

wex65
    from WV

The first miles being put onto my coupe will be when it drives out of Bob Hilton's shop for the trip to Austin, TX...1500 miles each way.

I tend to be a belt and braces kind of person so called Hagerty this morning to confirm that the trip was absolutely OK. i.e. better to ask BEFORE as opposed to after when there might be a problem.

Lady confirmed that there is zero mileage restriction on the policy. I could drive 50k miles a year if I want to. The only issue is HOW the car is being used. If for shows, cruises etc then any mileage is fine. Just no commuting or use as a daily driver.

I am a little confused as to the original issue was in this thread as I don't see anything wrong in this. I have an agreed very full valuation on the car for a discount as a result of not commuting in it, no issue there as far as I am concerned.

They did bitch a bit about the valuation until I sent in additional photos and details as to cost of certain components. Then they were fine.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.