Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Low cost canvas top. Almost home made.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by staleg, Mar 26, 2015.

1. staleg

staleg

Photos of how the roof top is fastened to the windshield:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dana barlow likes this.
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Holy smokes that's cool. Neat car for sure.

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. staleg

staleg

I don't remember what plastic I used for the door panels. It was something I bought from a local plastic moulding business. 3 mm I think. RPU sounds good. Remember that most glue types don't fasten on it, but staples fastens very good.

The header is attached to the windshield with 4 wingnuts and the fabric it attached to the Wood piece with heavy duty snap buttons.

Gauge bezels, yes!
    Last winter I changed out the remaning Hoffmann gauges, so now I have a full set of AutoMeter, Antique Beige, with 1 exeption: The A/F gauge. This is not possible to get in the same series. But to make it as similar to the others as possible, I painted its the gaugeface in Antique Beige color, and sent the gauge ring away for some plastic chrome plating.
    The Antique Beige serier doesn't include a boost/vacuum gauge as well, but I ordered a custom made one from the Auto Meter home page.
    Here's a photo. Excuse the bad quality. The cap to the right on the dash is a 12 volt/lighter connector.

[​IMG]

I have started with the paint, so I don't haven't been able to take photos of the top folded down.
    Here's a couple of photos, but I will make another thread about that when the paint job is finished.
    I have borrowed a professional paint gun from a friend of mine, and he has supervised me, but I have done all the spraying myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  5. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Wow...your car is awesome and so is your skill and determination to do it yourself! Congratulations.

6. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

This is one of the cars I always go to when I'm looking for ideas. Do I like every detail? no. Would I change anything? no. The car is real art.

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The silver looks nice . It's different - I like it .