Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Early Ford V8 Club Swap Meet 04-23- 2017 Fitchburg Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Mar 21, 2015.

1. I be there selling some of the following parts-
    49-54 Chevrolet
    Blueflame Chevrolet 6
    A few model A sheet metal parts
    spot # 14 IMG_0616 (Small).JPG IMG_0617 (Small).JPG

Who else is going?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. I can't be the only H.A.M.B. member going.

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

I'll be there with a gang of "Ner- do -wells" associated with this site. Confidentiality dictates that they not be identified, but just about anyone from the Northeast Corridor that's into the old stuff will show up at this one ( especially now that Amherst, NH ended). I think we're in space 151 -I'll double check. HAMBERS should make a sign to identify themselves to each other? (Like the Illuminati Brotherhood)..... A BlueFlame Six , eh? Hmmmmmm. Don't forget your rain gear, long underwear, and mud-boots!

BloozeKrooze likes this.
  4. I will be there. It is always a good time, but usually poor weather.

5. About 10-11 year ago I was wearing a T shirt there.
    The last 9 or so it has been long underwear!

6. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it looks like I will have to make this one. I have always depended on Amhurst for the parts I needed. So the times are changing.

7. I'll be there with a couple more scofflaws in tow.

8. I'll be there as a vendor assuming it's above 25 degrees and the snow and frost are (NEARLY) gone.

9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I plan on going, always starts the season for me. Perhaps the '40 will be out of paint shop so I can bring it. Assuming of course the snow drifts are gone. Just read New England dragway is moving opening day back to April 11 due to snow piles.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've alway read good things about this meet, maybe this is the year I get there. Bob

11. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

I've gone before -- it's a good swap meet. I'm hoping to make it this year. I'll be the guy in the winter coat. If you see me, say Hi. :D

12. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

My wife, @JustineExplosion & I are getting a table and selling off a bunch of parts I've collected, including some parts off the 17 Dodge Bros & a boat load of mirrors. It will be our first time at the meet and first time vending anywhere. She's pretty excited about it and knows full well that there's a good chance of coming home with more than we brought... just hopefully DIFFERENT stuff!

I'm going to make a big BUY SELL TRADE type sign. I'll probably bring one of my HAMB tags to display somewhere too.

I'm attaching a list of what I've got so far and the Want List I made up so my wife knows what to buy/trade when I'm on walkabout looking to spend all my earnings.

Attached Files:

pitman likes this.
  13. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

My girl's good about all my stuff around, but when I say I'm going to the "swap meet", she always says "You never bring anything to 'swap'. You just bring more stuff home. You should call it a "buy meet". :)

Pete

pitman and patmanta like this.
  14. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Bring something that's smaller than a breadbox and easy to carry around in a bag or pocket. Trade it for something, then be all like "SEE, I SWAPPED SOMETHING!" :cool:

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

We'll be there, got a lot of Model A stuff and some odds and ends.

patmanta likes this.
  16. mike bowling

mike bowling

The rumors are already flying around ( bad pun)- someone I talked to yesterday said he heard that when they cleared off the runways, the snow ended up being dumped in the flea market area.(??????) Totally unsubstanciated, and I hope total BS. ( pack your snowblower just in case; or we can throw the planes out for the day? Sorry, Rebecca)... And "patmanta", going to a flea market is like going to the landfill or scrapyard; you always bring out more than you took in, it's perfectly normal behavior. ( If you've got what I've got-HaHaHaHaHaHa)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    patmanta likes this.
  17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That's why I posted my WANT LIST right here in this very thread, I'm hoping people will come to me with their junk, so I can give them MY junk in exchange, so we can ALL come home with junk!* :D

(*ahem, "RUSTY GOLD")

18. I am sure a certain Boston base car club that uses an ax head for their club plaque will be there.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just found out 15 minutes ago that Enterprise rents Mini Coopers, I've always wanted to drive one of them. Chances are looking better for run up there. Bob

Dave50 likes this.
  20. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

good luck w/ that but i guarantee the torrnados will be there. i wish i had more money last year

21. Yeah the swap meet is wicked-pissah!
    Is it O.K. for an Upstate N.Y.er to say that?

patmanta likes this.
  22. I'll be there looking for some goodies!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is it true that this meet starts before sunup, and the good stuff is gone by 8:00? Bob

Dave50 likes this.
  24. mike bowling

mike bowling

Battle axes? You mean the "Nomads" ? ( sorry I couldn't help it). Yup, by 7am Billy Belmont will have scored all the good stuff, and be headed home! (Grinning like the Cheshire Cat)

Dave50 likes this.
  25. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Maybe go?
    CSRA has there dust-off same day in Walingford?
    I tried to make it to both one year, just doesn't work?

26. I get a motel room and try to be in line by 4:30 A.M. to 5:00 A.M.
    Any time people have flashlights looking in the bed of your truck and buying before the gates open, it's good.

patmanta likes this.
  27. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

im going hope for some decent weather and some cool cars and parts to look at

patmanta likes this.
  28. A friend of mine who deals in early Olds speed equipment and early Harley Davidson parts. (Not cheep stuff)
    Didn't take enough money with him, and had to barrow some because of all the good parts he found.
    Lucky I sold well that year, because he loaded my truck with his parts to come home. (he rode over with me)

29. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

When the buyers hit that place it's like the running of the bulls!

patmanta likes this.