Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects finding a decent body is frustrating. Need advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_squid, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I guess I'm the naysayer here, if I had a $17 k budget and limited fab skills I'd just buy one turn key.You could be driving in a matter of days and fro that kind of money I could get a really decent car. Just my opinion.

2. there are a few for sale on PDX craigslist right now. Plus I know a few people with some laying around. they are still around. If your moving to Washington. check out the nw hambers

3. Definitely! I just like to do it myself, I can always learn, but it's something I need to check off my bucket list!

4. Doug, thanks for the encouraging words! I need to have 3 pedals, and lake pipes. I think with 289 heads, a slick cam, and a nice dual carb set up, I should have enough to keep me entertained.

5. The bronco I bought originally for a screaming deal. But as we got into it to start a nice offroader, I began to notice moisture in the front window. It drove me nuts, so I started to dig around and found humongous b pillar cracks that I later found out broncos are known for. I have a mint ranger for the daily driving duties, and the bronco sat around the last year as a beater for going up the fire roads for shooting. I did consider a crate motor from some companies though, and still am

6. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Kiwi konnection was started by sqweek bell I believe Gary worked for sqweek in early 2000s , another kiwi and friend of sqweek bought kiwi konnection and Gary went on his own afterwards , Duane also bought California roadster company ... So it is possible to get a full rolling 29 roadster on 32 frame at a decent price if that's what you are looking for

7. pitman

pitman

Search out the Tech threads on here. You'll find many good tips, depending upon your terms searched.
    I was glad to build a closed car first time around. If you get the roadster, find someone local to help you set up and align/shim the body properly. Doors fly open, other unexpected events occur.

8. Squid I sent ya a pm on a nice A roadster that you could drive as you do what you want & sell off the original parts to recoup some of your money & cash talks if you are interested. Not mine & I have no dog in this fight .
    Also did a search on CL search tempest, project & come up with bunch of roadsters.
    Which ever way you go best of luck.
    THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE