Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1939 Ford Deluxe sedan trunk handle advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genosslk, Mar 19, 2015.

1. genosslk

genosslk

I have a 1939 Ford Deluxe sedan trunk handle that the lock can't be repaired locally. Anyone know where I can send it or find a working replacement?

Attached Files:

2. MAC's auto....just got their new catalog.......

3. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I checked the Mac's web site. They do not have it on line. I have been looking for a lock cylinder for a long time. I hope this thread brings some results.

4. genosslk

genosslk

I have had two others that I have seen in person and they are frozen up too. The key goes in but won't turn the locking cylinder. Rusted up solid.

5. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Bob Drake had a new one for the '40----I didn't look for one for a '39 and the catalog is long gone. I'm no help.

6. genosslk

genosslk

I saw that, but with Drake's but it probably will have to be back ordered....especially if it is for a 39. You won't get it for two years if at all.

7. Yep.........he's known locally as "Back-Order Bob"........I've waited for several ordered items, but always 1st class stuff, haven't gotten any crap yet from there......and their door's always open when travelling thru Grants Pass......

8. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

Post your request over on the "Ford Barn" site. There is a guy there from North Carolina that will fix you up with a lock. He supplied a NOS '37 ford deck lid lock for a reasonable price when I needed one.

9. genosslk

genosslk

Thanks Dak Rat..... I'll do that.

10. genosslk

genosslk

Mission accomplished!!!! I got a hold of a John McClure and he got me fixed up with a restored handle with three keys. Thanks to all of you for your help.