Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First Goodguy Show in Raleigh, NC April 16-19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_willie, Mar 17, 2015.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Who is going to the show? Are there any parties near there w/ beer? Is there a good place to stay in Raleigh? Where is good place to eat Ribs? Is Raleigh were they make Moonshine? Is there any good book stores in Raleigh? Is there any hotrod shops in Raleigh? Are there any car clubs in Raleigh? How about men's club? Is there car club called Flower Lords located in Raleigh? Is this place were Andy Griffen lives? Did Dale Earnhart grow up Raleigh? Thanks for all the answer to my questions. Peace.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I'll be there but can't answer all your ???s!!

3. aaggie

aaggie

Suddenly I have a mental picture of a book store Geek walking down the isles with a gallon jug of 'Shine.
    Seriously, if it is your first Good Guys show prepare to be amazed at the sheer number of quality cars and exhibits. I live in Houston and make it to the show in Fort Worth twice a year. It is worth the trip.

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Kinda disappointed that this is an all years show. Will be a mustang and camaro fest

5. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I agree, being it is Raleigh maybe we will see some different cars. Hope the guy that have the early cars will bring them out and weather will be great. Thanks for comments.

6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

To answer some of your questions Dale grew up in Kannapolis NC 25 mi north of Charlotte. Andy grew up in Mount Arey NC. Hope you have a good time at the show..................

7. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

I plan on attending. Been a long nasty winter looking forward to it. Its a good guys event so you know its going to be a good time.

8. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I will be there with my 2014 Dodge Charger. I will have one of my employees to start detailing it for the show. Over the winter I had some pink flames and super charger added to the car. I like to keep it traditional. :D

Flat-Foot likes this.
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

10. ............................Okay, I'll bite. What does YGBSM mean?o_O:):D

11. flamed34

flamed34

Damn...first I'm hearing of this but going to miss it for a music festival. Maybe next year.

12. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I had some problem I google the letters. "You Gotta Be Stuffing Me" I like to type ever thing out.
    Back to the car show. What do you think about 30" wires on the Charger? o_O

13. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

What specific location is this going to be in Raleigh? And Willie, you can't put 30" wires on your Charger cuz I'm already doing that on my '13 Challenger R/T!

Edit: A little search shows it to be at the NC State Fairgrounds. That makes sense...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  14. That's the weekend of the Round Up!
    The real car guys are headed to Austin.:D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    da34guy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. ...........................True words.:D

da34guy likes this.
  16. Austin 4 sure

17. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

That is to far to trailer car to the show. There is car show in your back yard. You going to miss all the Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers.:)

18. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Last year the Indy GoodGuys show was an 'all years' event. We expected a Camaro & Mustang fest, too. Happily, there were very few, most everything was pre '64.

19. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

H. R. Willie, hope you bring some of those original take off parts from you 2014 Charger to the Charlotte Auto Fair. I'm restoring a 2014 myself and it's hard to find good original parts for such a rare car. See ya there.

Lee

20. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Lee
    I will check you out at Charlotte. Good to hear from. I have been getting ready for show. I have some early Ford parts and F1 truck parts.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ng-swap-meet-parts-sell.964628/#post-10903651

F-1 parts http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...et-f-1-ford-truck-parts.964636/#post-10903668

21. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Willie, since your not bringing any of your new Charger parts to Charlotte I'll settle for those old junk Ford parts we talked about. See you there and thanks.

Lee

22. odass

odass
    from se ok

I actually seen a dodge rumble bee truck win a trophy over a killer 40' Ford once, I never entered that show again

23. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Just got my passes to get in the show. I am think about got the Ford dealer to day to look at the 2015 Mustang. The girl friend need something to drive to the show. Got my wheels on the car. Hope don't rain.

24. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Got an email yesterday showing the swap meet area & my assigned space number - 1st time that's happened. They usually assign space numbers when U arrive at Charlotte.

25. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I had the wheels put on the Charger. The detail shop said it will take about 2 day to detail car. I should be ready for show. Hope it don't rain. I will not make it.