Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan Gender Reassignment Surgery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatnasty, Jan 14, 2014.

1. K.L

K.L

I'm always amazed at how some people manage to make these things look so simple! Outstanding work!

kiwijeff and Outback like this.
  2. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

image5.jpg image3.jpg image6.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg Thanks Everyone!

This weekend I shiffted gears and got onto the Garnish moldings. I want to try and make sure that I mock this car up 100% complete before I move onto body and Paint. That is one thing that I have noticed people like to rush into and it turns to truble later.

The Garnishes were pretty strait forward.For the Doors I accidently bought 2 dr sedan garnishes. They worked out mint oddly enough. just had to shorten them a bit but the curve part was Perfect.

The quarter windows were a pain in the ass. A million pie cuts later and not only that I used 1936 ones to boot that were mangled and bent. But they were 40$ not 250. They turned out not bad considering.

The rear window I used a 4dr sedan one and took some of the curve out of the bottom bar over my knee because the bottom of the window opening on a sedan is curved mor than a coupe. Easy job.
    I dont have A pillar ones or a header pannel so that will have to wait until i find them.

Thanks Brad

kiwijeff, Pufff, mauler rich and 2 others like this.
  3. patterg2003

patterg2003

Imagine it & build it from bits & pieces. Great work & all in just a little over a year.
    Awesome. Keep going !
    Glenn

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking really good!

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Very, Very nice work on the transformation.

6. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

13.jpg 12.jpg image11.jpg image.jpg Clawed away at the car a bit more this weekend and Got goimg on the dash. I wanted to keep it simple and clean. I decided to go with one simple large Tack that had the esential gauges layed out around the edges. For that I had to cut out the factory insert. I made up a filler piece and filled it in. Then I cut out a 6" hole for my gauge. I used an angle gringer and took my time and filed it after until the gauge fit perfect.

As for the ash tray I couldnt find a 34 ash tray in my budget so I went with a 35 unit a friend hooked me up with. for that I had to fill the hole and then hole saw it out again. pretty easy stuff.

After that it was fix up some random extra holes that had been drilled over the years but all in all she's ready to go.

7. That round ashtray looks really good in the middle - I like how clean and uncluttered the overall look is!

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The dash looks incredible!

9. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

what tach is that?

10. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

It's look'n really good.....:)

11. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

IMG_20150404_100110.jpg IMG_20150404_100124.jpg IMG_20150404_114456.jpg IMG_20150404_114504.jpg IMG_20150404_114543.jpg IMG_20150404_131242.jpg IMG_20150404_150032.jpg Im Back!
    Got some more done on the coupe. I decided to get going on fittimg the hood next now that I finally have all the pieces to put it together.

It fit pretty decent write out of the gate on the passenger side. Within tweaking distance.

Driver side on the other hand was Fucked. It was overlapping the grill by 3/4" on the front and the gaps were way big around the bottom and back. After some minor detecive work I figured the left front frame rail was high.

I rigged up gypsy way of pulling down the rail with my bottle jack, 2 chains and one of the ramps from my car trailer and a plate of steel.

I chained the front of the rail down and behind the cowl down to the ramp and put the bottle jack on the ramp and jacked it up. It pulled the rail down mint and dialed the other side in perfect at the same time.

After that I changed the Mangled frame horn with anouther I had.

Brad

kiwijeff, Pufff, mauler rich and 6 others like this.
  12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Good to see you back at it!

13. mauler rich

mauler rich

Lookin good man love seeing your work.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

15. progressing very nicely.....nice work!

16. Need another update please

17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I just went backwards through the thread doing a re-read of mostly the pics. When you get to before the chop starts it is down right ugly by comparison to now.

18. walter

walter

Great JOB!! Not certain how you find time to do it.
    Walter

19. Very cool. I love it!

20. mauler rich

mauler rich

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Those torches were invented here in Australia many years ago, they work very well with a small heat affected zone.
    Nice build too by thy way!

Glenn

22. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

I'm Back!
    I must say i was feeling pretty burnt out on this car before summer came. So I said fuck it and didnt work on it all summer pretty well.

Im feeling pretty good about it now and ready to get back on it.

Im on to some chassis work.

I have never really cared for the perportions of the front of a 34 ford with no fenders. They always look a little nose heavy to me. So I have decided to push the axle forward aproximently 1". When I do that I'm going to raise the centre of the front crossmember 1" as well to get it down a bit more in the front.

First thing to do was pull the motor
    20150502_130156_resized.jpg Then brace the frame and pull out the crossmember 20150502_135224_resized.jpg GetAttachment[1].jpg You can see from this pic I moved the front crossmember ahead the distance of one hole.
    GetAttachment[1] (2).jpg

kiwijeff, Pufff, Outback and 5 others like this.
  23. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Welcome Back.....now get busy the peanut gallery needs you. ;)

Bob

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Good to see you back at it! I like your idea of moving the front crossmember forward - will have to try that.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  25. Man that thing has the look!!! glad your back on it.

26. Perfect thank you for the updates keep them coming.

27. Wow Brad, It's looking really good!
    I can't wait to get my banger back together cause I really miss cutting, welding and grinding!
    Your Coupe project is way ahead of mine! I still need to replace my roof and lay back my A pillars.
    Oh yeah, did you get my p.m.?
    Joe

28. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks for all the encouragement Fellas!

Did a bit more work this week. I got the grill under controll. I had 2 beat grills that I got cheap. So in an effort to tourcher my self I figured I'd just make 2 shitty grills into one shitty one lol.

One has a good outer surround but someone tourched out the bars. The other has a bad twist and beat up chin but the bars are saveable. I cut the bars out of the one with good bars. I was lucky enough to have enough material left on the one with the good suround to hide the seam of the 2 under the trim piece that goes between the bars and surround.

Still needs some tweaking and paint the bars black but its in the wheel house

heres how it turned out

After that I loaded everything up and dropped it off for sand blasting. I hope i still have a car when it comes home. lol
    GetAttachment[2].jpg 33.jpg