Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '24 T Roadster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Anderson, Aug 21, 2012.

1. alchemy

alchemy

I thought you had made your own juice brake conversion for the front? I'm right in the middle of my own homemade brake project.

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

What gauges are going in this? Specifically the firewall?

3. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Nice. Best thing about this is you are way ahead of me so I get to copy this stuff:)

4. Koz

Koz

Super impressive as usual! I'm lovin' the trans cover. Now you're wayyyyyy ahead of me.

5. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

That transmission cover is amazing it almost mimics the exact contour of that transmission.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. [​IMG]

Sorry Sir for me Bomber seats looks fantastic !

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. [​IMG]

That is some beautiful work. HRP

volvobrynk, FlyFisher and MUNDSTER like this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I had a small bench mocked up in my RPU and found that while it was quite comfortable I encountered the same problem, the back was too thick and moved me too far forward.

With the bombers as far back as they will go it's much better.
    The back pads I have in them are 2" thick and the base foam is 4" thick.
    They allow me to sit back and allow some leg room. Plus they sit low which is good too.
    They are surprisingly comfortable at the same time.
    Larry.

9. brad2v

brad2v

Chip (need louvers) has great info on his ugly T bucket thread, regarding seating.. No link, cuz I'm on my phone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  10. brad2v

brad2v

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, there,Anderson from ATX, I would like to buy your shitty old '37 grille when I see you at LSRU. I am old and like old, obsolete pieces of art. It will look good in front of my '56 Desoto 330 someday, in something not yet created. Can you bring it to the run ? Dreddybear knows me, so this is no bullshit. By the way, that trans cover is a work of art. Hell of a talent.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Ulrich Wöckener likes this.
  12. brad2v

brad2v

I'm not sure the trans cover shouldn't be chromed. I realize it sounds gaudy initially, but that is a work of art, and deserves to be shown off in the best way possible, which of course, is CHROME!
    Do it man...

Hitchhiker likes this.
  13. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Why do you even need seats, with a t body you can add a nice upholstered back right to it, sculpt the padding a little and done...same with the basepad, and with a bench style you can slide over when you get old....

14. von Dyck

von Dyck

My seat back was made up of several layers of 3/16" plywood shaped to follow the contour of the Model T seat former. A 2X8 was bandsaw cut to the curvature of the upper contour of the seat former so that they could be used as clamping fixtures when shaping the layered sheets of plywood. The bottom part of the seat back remained straight and must be clamped to straight supports to remain so. Lots of wood glue, a hundred plus wood screws ( lay out a grid on the last sheet of plywood for screw locations). Work quickly with the glue-up and clamp the upper part, then the lower part before the glue sets up. Then, beginning in the center of the grid markings, run in the wood screws - keeping the clamps tight as you go. This was done 18 years ago, 5/8" thick, 2" foam plus the roll-and-pleat foam to provide comfortable back support. The seat back is held in place by a hook designed to fit over a curved bar running laterally at approximately 6" below the upper edge of the seat former and bolted to the seat frame at the bottom. The seat bottom has a significant rearward slope and provides comfortable thigh support in these typically confined T roadster bodies (I stand 5'11).

Anderson likes this.
  15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I really like your transmission cover! It really does looks 'nice'....I like a bench seat myself, especially in a tighter and smaller sitting position options...a lot easier to slide across and get into in my humble opinion...and seems to me to add a little more room, but maybe it's just an illusion, the way I have to swing my legs to get out without cramping up:Do_O:eek:---you sure do have a nice looking car I must say!!!

Anderson likes this.
  16. floored

floored

image.jpg Not the greatest picture of the seat, but you get an idea of how it conforms to the back. BTW your roadster is going to force me to rebuild mine soon.

Ron

17. Roadsir

Roadsir

I used the same alternator on my Buick ( painted Olds gold) Thought I would get some shit about it. Similar arrangement. Same but different

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1426730283.174999.jpg

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

for a seat back in my last T I wrapped some foam in leather and glued it to the sheet metal

current T is getting a thin cut down school bus seat screwed to the sheet metal you can kind of see here..

yeah, both cars are '27s but they are about the same size as yours inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anderson likes this.
  19. inkstain27

inkstain27

Back padding is overrated! I decided against on mine for the same reason. don't even realize its not there

20. What are the alternators off of, and are they one wire?
    Here's the seats in my 26. Not much padding, so about an hour and a half is about all I do before a Stop. Orange interior 014.jpg
    I made the 3 hour drive to Joplin with one stop.

21. brad2v

brad2v

Wow fat ASS (I mostly replied so I could say that, haha) Your interior is very cool. I really like it.
    neat neat

22. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Looks really cool, I like the windscreen, speaking of which, are they body parts hanging out of a bin in the reflection :eek::D:p

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

prewarcars4me likes this.
  23. Thank you.

24. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Love your build. The chassis to body line is spot on. Here is a couple pics of my project '25 Model T. Just dropped in a 302 Ford V8. IMG_20150322_192114454[1].jpg IMG_20150322_191925054[1].jpg

jakespeed63, bct and Anderson like this.
  25. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

A " T " in limbo. How low can you go? :rolleyes:

26. alchemy

alchemy

You definitely need to wear a Stroker cap in that car.

27. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Stroker or a cheese chopper. Either way no matter what you wear the the car is spot on period!!!!!!

28. Cheese Chopper? Even Google didn't give me a hint of what that is. Post a picture of you in one of 'em for us! o_O

29. Roadsir

Roadsir

Keep it up. That's quite a goal you have in front of you, everything your doing looks great.