Register now to get rid of these ads!

California Guys- Remember Parkwood Chevrolet in Long Beach?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vettsplit63, Apr 3, 2013.

1. vettsplit63

vettsplit63
    from Texas

I've got a 63 split window that I have owned since about '85. Didn't have any history, as it had come thru Scott Marshall up in Bountiful, Utah. He used to deal in quite a few Corvettes. All Scott could remember was that the car came from Southern California. I did find a San Bernadino Sheriff's Office support sticker on the vent glass, but knew nothing else. Anyway, long story short, I joined NCRS and thru their document search service, learned that the car was delivered in Nov 62 to Parkwood Chevrolet in Lakewood/Long Beach California. Evidently this business is no longer in business. Anyone remember it, and more significantly, know anyone connected to it back in the day who might be able to track down who bought my car new? Thks.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

3. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

My 68 SS 396 El Camino came from there.

4. firemangordy

firemangordy

My dad bought a '55 Chevy from them in 1959. It was on the corner of Lakewood Blvd. and Hardwick St. They closed in the mid to late 70's.

jnaki likes this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Well, you have you answer about Parkwood. They were in Lakewood. I was in the Navy during that period, homeported in Long Beach and the LB Chevy dealer was Cormier Chevrolet, on Long Beach Blvd, about 6 blocks East of Ocean Blvd. I was in and out of there several times between '62 and '65, and bought a '58 Chevy from them '65 before I was discharged.

Lakewood was nearby Long Beach, and I often drove through there. However, I did not recall the Chevy dealer in that community.

Hope you find the history of your Vette.

Ray

jnaki likes this.