Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 33 pick up progress report and pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by negativeMatt, Jan 29, 2006.

1. well, i've been on here for quite a long time, and now i finally have something to show. this is my very first rod and i'm slowly working my way through it. i have gathered up all the necessary parts to build a 33 truck modified. it'll be the cab and short bedsides. i really liked the look of rick moodys car in the rodders journal, so mine will be somewhat similar, but not as bitchin' im sure. it'll run a ,57 vintage 283 pulled from a numbers matching nomad, mated up with a t-5 and s-10 rear. f-1 brakes, steering, and shock mounts. a 56 olds dash severly narrowed, 16" cheater slicks on american 5 spokers. 2.5" channel, and i'll chop it once i figure how much i need to be comfy. when finished, it'll become my daily.
    the frame is 2x3 steel, and will have a set of "a" horns grafted on. once the chassis is complete, i'll drill the axle and front radius rods. i'm sure i'll change things as i go, but i'm really enjoying building this thing. my good friend richard carter is helping with the frame. we still have to mount the rear spring and radius rods then the chassis will be a roller.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm doing all the body work myself as well as the dash mods. this is my first attempt at welding, but i'm doing pretty well.
    [​IMG]

here's a couple shots of the cab on a different frame, and of the cheater from
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

well, that's all i got for now, i'll post more as i go. the best part is when it's all said and done, i'll have less than 5000.00 in it. thanks for lookin,
    matt

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. Be careful, thoughtful, and methodical... and it will be the best five grand you ever spent. It looks good so far.

3. i'll get more pics this afternoon. were gonna set the body on (i hope) i'm shooting to have it ready for the drags.

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I'm building a 32 pick up right now.It will be fun to watch your progress as well.Have you figured out what pedals you're going to use?

Looks like your steering column will come through the lower portion of the dash board?

Keep the pictures coming!

5. SPITSHINE

SPITSHINE

Looking At The Garbage Can Over-flowing With What Looks To Be (bud Light Cans?) Your Putting Alot Of Thought Into This..

Looks Great.

Spitshine

6. richard likes "milwaukee's beast"!

i prefer the smoothness of coca-cola

richard's building a really cool rpu. t- coupe cowl and doors (suicided) "a" bed, deuce rails, mor-drop axle, it's gonna be pretty cool. i'll get some pics of it as well.

7. blue57ford

blue57ford

Are those original Americans or are the new TTOs that American makes now?

8. Rusty

Rusty

Sweet! Glad to see you got it goin your way . Keep up the great work. Gonna be ready for the Roundup?

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

That cheater slick/ American combo looks absolutely killer!

10. I'm really enjoying the build up pics, good luck on your project and keep the progress pics comin' !

/primerkid

11. TN young gun

TN young gun

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of Rick Moody's truck would you. I would love to see one and i couldn't find it on here or Google. Thanks
    Richie

12. TN young gun

TN young gun

Does anybody have a pic of his truck?

13. bigken

bigken

Good job, lookin' great. Puttin' together a '33 P/U myself............with others around for inspiration. Frame is boxed, and mockin' up the rear end. Keep us posted on the progress, and when I have something to contribute, I will.
    And empty that trash can.

14. go get'm MATT!!!!!!!!!!! very cool!

15. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

That is Bad Ass Matt!! Man I gotta get to yours and Basses shops to see these builds first hand! Makes me want to completely redo my 23. Very inspirational!! Keep the progress pics comin!

16. thanks for the props, guys. i know it's really not much to show, but soon we'll get the body put on, and it'll start to look like something.
    sorry bro, i only have the copy of the rodders journal "reeps moody's" truck was in.

anyhow, had a bit of time to fab up the rear spring mount. there will be a piece of drilled tubing between the uprights. also built the rear radius rod mounts and cut and bent the rods, but forgot to take pics!!doh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]