Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Selling cars outside the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Mar 12, 2015.

1. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I used an ex port broker that we deal with at work, they took care of pickup, transportation, all the paperwork etc.

2. jazz1

jazz1

I don't think you can export without a title. Could be reason for delay...Last vehicle I imported (November 2013) US customs had to see my title and vin before the car hit the Canadian border,,,Canada customs also had to see the document had been stamped by US customs and okayed for export. I have always kept in contact with sellers weekly until I pick up but that's just me

3. 55olds88

55olds88

I ship cars internationally for a living Scooby and as above pretty difficult to get out of the US without a title. .. in saying that weird the buyers have gone quiet. ... if you have details of the kiwi one I'm happy to look him up.

4. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two years ago I bought a sprint car from a very good guy in Michigan. The sprint car had no title ( what is usual). Then a solicitor made a apostil, that workt good. The shipping company was Schumacher.
    To the buyers, I would write them and say that they should pick up the car a pay the storage. Two weeks again, with the same and the menace that you sell the car again without giving the money bak. Again after two weeks the same and that you sell the car whithin two weeks, the sell.

5. marioD

marioD

No chance to import a vehicle to Europe without a title!

Mario

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

The first car has a storage bill that is about to exceed the purchase price. I paid the first month but when I didn't get reimbursement I quit paying. It's four months in arrears now.
    The second car is one I didn't really WANT to sell anyway but he paid more than i think its worth. I'll probably just send his money back minus storage. The third car is only half paid so I guess I should refund him top and sell it again. It sounds like none of these guys will ever successfully get them out of the country and I don't want them getting abandoned at some shipyard where they never can be used.