Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Arizona Wrecking Yards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6-bangertim, Mar 11, 2015.

1. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

I'll be going to Phoenix later this week for a NASCAR weekend at PIR. Any good yards worth checking out between Yuma and Phoenix - 70's and earlier iron?

I'm looking for a couple Sagnaw trannies. Full-syncro 3-speed (2.54 low - ONE groove on input shaft), Vega 4-speed (3.11 low, TWO groves on input).

I rember Hidden Vally from years ago, north of town off of I-17 - still around in the same area?

Looking forward to a beer and meal at the WELCOME DINER. Restored 1948 tin-can diner in a very old neighborhood of Central Phoenix, 10th and Roosevelt. GREAT food with a very cool vibe!!!

Thanks guys, for any feedback! -Tim

2. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

3. rfraze

rfraze

Look in Hemmings for listings of GREAT yards in that area, including the one in Casa Grande.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There was that T.V. show on Discovery Channel, Desert Valley Auto Parts (DVAP). Looked like they had just about everything. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. .....vega 4 speed saginaw has 3 grooves and 1st gear is always disputed as 3.40 or 3.50. Most guys say 3.50. I had one in my 50 chevy delivery.

6. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

DVAP has two yards, the Phoenix yard has the muscle cars, the Casa Grande has all the others.