Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Scammed by Bill & Sheila Earl Austin Tx.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ago, Mar 6, 2015.

1. I ran a quick search on the email address and it seems he has been very busy in the past couple months scamming car guys... It seems like some Austin locals might have heard of him by now.

2. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Thanks Verbal, Glad I didn't get beat out of more $.

Dave

Fortress likes this.
  3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. Here is a picture of the house at the address you posted.
    Scam House.png

4. You can send a money gram to any city in the world and pic it up in any other place in the world. Anytime you post anything in the wanted you are asking for a scammer, they just enter a search into any search engine for wanted and go from there.

If I am really having a hard time finding something and want to deal with a HAMBer I use my sig line.

Oh and just for general info for a pass time when I am bored I string west African scammers along and see how long I can keep them on the hook. Time they spend with me is time that they cannot spend with someone else. they normally use "American" names and many of them even speak American English very well.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scam House.jpg View attachment 2855018
    View attachment 2855018
    Looks like the scamming busines is pretty lucrative. I think Shiela might have thrown ol' Bill out. That's him picking through his belongings looking for that garnish moulding.

And evidently his back has healed......

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Truck64, nelson845, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  6. You are aware that they just pic an address right?

the only info they need to pic it up is this:

Sender's Name:
    Reference #:
    Amount Sent:

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

out of Country scam like this has been posted here, and on other sites. reread emails, then think about how many of us talk like that. too many excuses. many red flags if you look. escrow.com looks interesting.

8. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

The problem above :
    presentative of my uncle who was killed recently in most tragic circumstances. My uncle was the most esteeemed General of the Kualompo rebel held province and before he died he passed to me a set of Ardun heads for safe keeping. I am told you are a worthy christian hot rodder and

Is simple he dealt with a general, Duh! I only respond to the various Nigerian Princes that contact me Geeeeze Louise everyone knows that! I'm expecting my Arduns to show up at any time!

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. The General of Kualompo was a patriot! I'm sure once the insurgents are quelled, the Arduns will be bequeathed to you

LONG, nelson845 and kiwijeff like this.
  10. Wait, I think Ardun is the name of a local rebel tribe. It gives a whole different meaning to "Ardun Heads", doesn't it?

11. Austin Bubbletop

Austin Bubbletop
    from Austin, TX

Yep. Looks like this loser has hit a few different boards recently with the same MO. My first home was less than a mile from the address he used. Sorry dave.

12. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

This just happened too me on Craigslist they wanted my 5000 dollar motorcycle payed more than I was asking sent a cashiers check the signature was scanned they almost got me had too threaten them with the FBI

13. Just don't cash the check and if you do not release anything until you have confirmation that the check has cleared the bank that it is written on.

Even when dealing with someone that you know for a fact is on US soil is that they can cancel the check any time up to the time that the check physically clears their bank. So someone sends you the check to cover the price of your parts/car, and the shipping. The check clears your bank the same day because all funds are transferred electronically, all is good. Nope it takes a week minimum for a check to physically clear the senders bank unless the sender is in the same town and it can still take that long sometimes. You have phantom money up to the point that the senders bank has posted the check and your bank receives conformation that the check has been posted.

We have in the past used our online access to our account to balance our check book and etc. Our bank if I receive a check from someone automatically posts the funds to my account, but until the check physically clears the senders bank it shows up red. once the funds are solidly mine they show up black like the rest of the entries.

14. shadams

shadams

I bought something off of craigslist a while back and I told the dude to take a picture of the trim with his hand giving the thumbs up in the pic that way I would know he actually had the item. Was a good guy after all but you can never be too careful, esp since I usually go by myself or sometime have the wife with me to pick up things.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I pretty much guarantee you that you don't have a real name and that whoever got your money is not in Austin. More than likely, they are in Nigeria.

Never, ever send money via wire... only use paypal... And never do deals through email if it's a stated HAMB deal - only use private convos...

Doing it any other way leaves you open to be screwed.

willbe, Eric H and Flat-Foot like this.
  16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good points by Ryan. Don't forget the buddy system either. A lot of the regulars on the board would be happy to check out what the "seller" allegedly has for sale. I've done it for guys on other boards and we have active members all over the place who aren't just the "sell in the free HAMB classifieds" brigade who would check things out to make sure it's legit.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. redo32

redo32

buying anything for a '32 3 window for $150.00 is a red flag.

Atwater Mike and kiwijeff like this.
  18. 31Apickup

31Apickup

It's always common to go on about health issues, which should also raise a red flag.

19. Wonder what's actually at the address?

20. deto

deto

HAHAHAHA! I get these al the time and they make me laugh every time!

You gotta say it out loud with a Kazikstan accent like Borat...

21. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Ardun heads.jpg

Here's those Ardun heads I promised you.

LONG, timwhit, kiwijeff and 1 other person like this.
  22. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

Never trust anybody who uses the word "shall." Especially if they use it more than once. They ain't in Texas.

23. Squablow

Squablow

I'm sorry you got scammed, and it's good to keep threads like this up every once in a while to remind people of the dangers and to warn new guys.

But (and I mean no disrespect) that email exchange didn't sound AT ALL legit, very odd wording, no pics, really oddly clear and specific Moneygram instructions, ect.

24. Model T1

Model T1

I shall agree with that. Also I know people in Pearl, Miss and ya'al know ain't none of them use shall either.

25. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I keep telling them I'm dyslexic and tend to mix up numbers to keep them looking for the money gram or bank account.

Truck64 likes this.
  26. Martys 55

Martys 55

thats who i posted about today scammer alert a fn low life, but he didnt get me though

27. wvenfield

wvenfield

Yep, it's a definite red flag.

28. I tell 'em, Wow, no shit, you're in CrabApple Cave?? My best friend/worst enemy/sister-in-law live right THERE!!!! She'd be happy to give you CASH!!! Just send me your street address, and she'll pick it up TODAY!!!

If you EVER get a reply, it's a miracle.

Cosmo

kiwijeff and fourspeedwagon like this.
  29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell my niece does live in Austin and her hubby sings and plays with a band called the Wheelwrights. But hell yea, Cosmo has the right idea.
    I very seldom check the Hamb classifieds and don't remember checking the wanted section but If I did answer an add you can bet that there would be several photos or a link to an album in my photobucket page and at least one photo would have today's local paper's front page in the photo. That might be something to send scammers packing in it's self. Ask for a photo of the item sitting on that day's current local to them paper with the title and date showing.

30. Martys 55

Martys 55

i have done a couple deals c.o.d and paid the fees no b.s then