Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Why I Was Late To Work This Morning...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Why I Was Late To Work This Morning...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

63fairlane and Sprout like this.
  2. belair

belair

I saw the title and a picture of a Ford. That's all I needed. :). I feel you about being a little uneasy about kids and steel dashes. I'm not going to mention the other thing. Great color on your truck, btw.

3. But remember Boss,you do have a old car running and can appreciate the aggravation involved in living with the quirks of driving a old car daily,some of the members have yet to experience the smells and the heat & cold and the being late because of our chosen transportation,,,the hangover doesn't count! :D HRP

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I had a 64 Mercury truck Ryan and I used it for an acreage truck, hauling firewood and the like. It had a 300 ci 6 and 4 speed and it had a heater -defroster and a radio too :D
    You need to get yours working. :)

5. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

That's how I was feeling when I was driving a surviver
    55 Lincoln capri 60 year old car on 50 year old tires down too a dripping car show

hallrods and DaveH_RRTX like this.
  6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Bragging will not be tolerated!

You recovered well! We all knew you would.
    Keep workin'
    Al

bchrismer likes this.
  7. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That's just more proof that when it rains it pours! Some days, no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out. I can't wait to be able to drive my old car on the daily.

8. Yep, life's good.

bchrismer likes this.
  9. deuceman32

deuceman32

That's what you get for being a hoodlum. No fog here but the thermometer is above freezing for the first time in six weeks.

10. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I feel your pain. But it is a worth while pain. My daily Model A Tudor does more to soothe than to stress. The soccer Moms can kiss my ass.

chalkboard likes this.
  11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I really laughed hard at this.... I usually stay away from acronyms but FML seems appropriate.

I hope in the next few years I have something to take the kids to school in. I don't think i'd go very far with one in a rumble seat and I don't think the soccer mom's would let me without calling the police. I hope I still can piss them off enough with my '54 chevy.

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Ha!
    I remember those days.
    Was coaching baseball for three years. It was always the responsibility of the coach to prep the infield before the game.
    For years, I would rush to get home from work at 4:30. pick up my two sons and take them to the field to prep it. I was running real late one day and only had 15 minutes to get home wash up and change clothes and get back to the game. When I got home to change I realized I left my 4 yr old son at the field. A big hole grew in my stomach and my heart beat doubled. Awful feeling. I rushed back and my son was playing ball and never even missed me.
    funny......I cant see a G-damn thing.
    Time to get a better defroster for that old pickup.
    I wouldn't give up those memories for all the hotrods in the world.

13. chiro

chiro

Dug my garage out of the snow yesterday to get to the Model A project. Have to dig the '55.1 AD Chevy pickup out of it's tent before I can take it out, but I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to taking the truck to work. LOVE driving my old stuff. And when I pick up my daughter from school in the pickup I get the same judgmental looks from the mom's but I get the "I wish I was you" looks from the Dad's. Lol. My truck has working heater and defroster, but then I live in New York and YOU are in Texas so....

14. I hate that headache you get when someone overserves you!:D;)

olcurmdgeon likes this.
  15. williebill

williebill

The only problem I see is that you drank wine.
    Many of my problems over the years began with wine.
    Beer and whiskey never seemed to be a problem, though.
    You've learned a valuable lesson today.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Don't do the crime....if you can't do the time. Brought back memories of my youngest son(who just turned 40 last month)kissing the dashboard of my V8 Pinto wagon after some dickhead ran a red light and I had to jam on the brakes. Still has a scar from that one.
    Driving a vintage car in less than ideal conditions is always fun. I remember driving back to Michigan from Massachusetts one year in the pouring rain and being so proud that I had recently installed my New Port Engineering electric wipers.Having made the same trek more than once with vacuum operated ones this was a godsend...... until the rain turned to heavy snow. The wipers were working great but the defroster was set on,"whenever I feel like working" and between my wife dutifully wiping the inside of the windshield and me trying to stay in the tracks of the car that had gone before us(no snow tires)we prayerfully made our way through about 75 miles of upstate New York mountains. Finally stopped in Moscow(New York)to rest and got out to see about 4 inches of snow covering the surfboard and water skis atop the roof of the trusty Safari.Wished I had taken a pic of it.

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

For three years I rode my 1946 Harley at all times.One morning, all was well until I got near the river and the fog there was extreme.
    I didnt have many options, had to go on.I rolled slowly and listened for cars.

Model T1 likes this.
  18. manyolcars

manyolcars

three kids and I went across town to get a Corvette. My friend took us in his truck and I left without any kids in the Vette. He showed up at my house with no kids! When we drove back,we found the 10 yr old kids had already walked about a mile on their way home

19. Hahaha! You earned your stripes today, pops!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. And now you know why your folks were bat-shit crazy...raising kids'll do that for you ;)

kiwijeff likes this.
  21. Wine... It was the wine...

Be glad the kid isn't older (old enough to recognize a hangover) and screws with you...

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  22. Normant93

Normant93

..............." Today is one of those days"

I 've had those..........kind of reminds me of my favorite Calvin & Hobbes comic.........

"You know Hobbes, some days, even my lucky rocket-ship underpants don't help."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Texas Webb likes this.
  23. I remember vividly the looks and scowls I got when picking up the twins at school in my model A pickup,,especially when they begged to ride in the bed. HRP

[​IMG]

24. Driven my 63 Chevy truck for almost 40 years as a daily and the first thing I did was get a heater/defroster. Car Seat - check, 40 mph - check, defroster - no check!

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aww c'mon, where's your sense of adventure? I live in the country too but it's only a 5 mile jaunt and no kids so the Model A pickup is just right, but not in the rain yet (no wiper or weather seal correction) and forget about driving it in single digit temps. Sometimes I'm accompanied by 1 of my dogs. Both at once is simply dangerous. Last year I did have the incomparable pleasure of teaching my daughter to drive a stick and a Model A at the same time. She's 27 but still my little girl. And that too was a sense of adventure...!

26. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful. The Mom police can also get miffed when they want to tell you something from the passenger side, while you are in the carpool line, and you cannot reach over the truck bench seat & car seat etc. and, of course, you have manual windows. All you can do is motion and shrug, and they look at you like you have just been released from the joint.

Get that defrost fixed, Boss!

loudbang, Phillips and volvobrynk like this.
  27. Ryan, just chalk it up for being Monday and setting the clock ahead, if you all did that down there this weekend like we had to. lol.Bruce.

28. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Let me get this straight. Nobody tied you down and poured drink down a funnel, you willingly drank it. You then suffer the next day, acting as if it was a shock. Then you get to drive a very cool truck to take your kid to school. Then you just remembered that you haven't fitted a heater/defrost.......... and you are whining ;).
    A self inflicted hangover does not deserve any sympathy, and I have had more than my fair share. So stop drinking wine, fit a heater, and life and the morning drive will be perfect!
    Last winter I drove my '33 5W with 4" of snow. No windows except the windshield. No door seals. No heater. No wiper. Did have 2 shirts, 1 hoody, 1 jacket, gloves hat and a scarf, AND THE BIGGEST SHIT EATING GRIN, as those poor buggers I passed in their warm boring daily drivers looked on in amazement.
    Life always seems to suck when you are hung over!

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

No kids yet, but I absolutely love driving my old pick-up daily. I wouldn't change a thing.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425923004.041775.jpg