Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. What the heck...I'll get the ball rolling..Sometimes simple is better in order to let the design speak for itself..

silver.jpg

2. OahuEli nailed it for me. I do this stuff because it's fun and feeds my creative mojo. If someone actually builds something or uses a concept I came up with? That's nirvana. I think themoose has more available time than most of us do, and has been able to perfect his skills (color changes, especially!) to come up with the magic that he does.

Unfortunately that sometimes translates into quick response times which some people interpret as "everything is easy to do." Reality is sometimes FAR different.

Keep the requests coming!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  3. nali

nali

I did a few Photoshop a while ago. If the others don't want money, I will take it.
    PM for details :)

OahuEli likes this.
  4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey JimSibley, can you build this for me? This one has been bugging me ever since I did it. lol 9. 59-Ford-T-bird Ranchero chopped, lowered, stretched.jpg

verde742 and JimSibley like this.
  5. nali also prompted a very important point: Remember that we are volunteers and we should only be tasked with items for mock up or "what if" questions - low resolution stuff. There are professional designers out there who should be used for high-res work.

6. JimSibley

JimSibley

Bruce, the space has been a point others have pointed out to me. When I built this thing, I built it to run down the track. I wanted a longer wheelbase for stability. This car will carry the front wheels and it
    Launches hard and straight. I have thought about putting the grill shell behind the axle but I think the front would
    Look as bad ass the gap
    Looks now. A photoshop would be cool
    Just to see.

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Maybe this will help. Put some new shoes on it too.
    new shoes and setback radiator_final touches.jpg

Squablow and verde742 like this.
  8. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Wow! How did you do that so fast? That looks awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to play around with my car. Like I said before, if I end up using your design I will gladly reward you for it.
    Thanks Moose!

9. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Hey Shelby, what have you planned for getting in and out of the car? You got something trick figured out or just climb over the sides?

Cool looking car, did you blow the bubbles yourself?

10. JimSibley

JimSibley

Wow, did you alter the wheelbase or just move the radiator back?

11. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Thanks Fabber,
    I have always wanted a bubbletop and since my favorite Hot Wheels car growing up was "Splittin' Image" I thought I would do a twin bubble design. I was watching Andy Griffith one day and saw a 1960 Ford and I thought that it had the perfect lines for a bubbletop. So I searched for a clean 1960 Ford, found a really low mileage one and then took a grinder and a sawsall to the top. I was just going to do a "rat rod" job myself and just hard mount the bubbles and cover the car with holographic foil, but then I thought it was too cool to do a hack job on it. So I hired an excellent fabricator/body man hot rod builder in Michigan to heavily modify the body and install a push button opening platform for the bubbles. The passenger side doors are welded and filled but the driver side doors are shaved but still operate. The bubbles will lift up and the doors will open to get in and out very easy. I purchased the bubbles from an aircraft supplier. They are canopies from and airplane. I bought two sets, one clear and one tinted. I also bought 10 59 Cadillac tail lights and one 63 T-bird tail light to use in the rear. I plan on running old school ripple hubcaps with wide whitewalls too. 7.JPG IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2491.JPG 1960 Ford with 59 Caddy and 62 T bird tail lights.jpg dash 2 23 15.jpg frame.jpg Package tray.jpg ripple-t-bird-bg.jpg

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I moved the radiator, headlights and tank back. Seems to give it a little cleaner look imhp. The frame horns were just added in.

JimSibley likes this.
  13. Here are you hubcaps and ww...

[​IMG]

14. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I like it Shelby. There's gonna be some sore necks in your town from all the double takes when you take it out for a cruise.

Have you got a thread going on that car?

15. I really dig this project, but I'm running out of time to throw some licks on it. I'd like to keep working on it later this week...

16. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Thanks Nitrobrother that would be great! I really appreciate everyone's help. Here are some photos that might be easier to start with. white blank.jpg IMG_2957.jpg blank front wo hood lines.jpg

17. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

THANKS MOOSE! You are awesome.

18. madfish

madfish

This would require body sculpting to accentuate the "Space Ship" design. Ground control to Major Tom....

60 space ship.jpg

nitrobrother and themoose like this.
  19. Could you gents please put the signage on the Divco and do a paint job that would compliment the signage?

Attached Files:

20. madfish

madfish

21. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Thanks Madfish, that is a really cool design. I like the body sculpting, but I can't afford the extra body work. That is really awesome thought. Thank you.

22. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

The more I look at it the more I see the details that you did to it. Thank you.

23. madfish

madfish

How about some simple additional graphics?

ice cream.jpg

24. How about fenders painted to compliment the graphic? Maybe wheels matching fenders?

25. madfish

madfish

How about some simple additional graphics?
    ice cream copy.jpg

26. Holy Cow...

Holy cow.jpg

madfish likes this.
  27. nali

nali

With not as much orange on the wheels maybe.
    [​IMG]

28. How about the orange on the fenders and black wheels with a white or off white body with the logo?

29. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

chopped and dropped! ice cream.jpg

30. nali

nali

Quick and dirty mix :)

[​IMG]