Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Bobert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu D Baker, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

The Chicago breakfast gang lost a great friend and avid carguy. Bob Holtz (Bobert here on the HAMB) passed away this weekend. May he rest in peace.

Bobert was fortunate to finally finish his pride and joy, 1950 Olds, and able to drive and enjoy it for a bit. Great car, even greater guy, who will be truly missed. RIP Bobert. p.s. "It's always something"

[​IMG]

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Sorry for your, and our loss.

3. Sad news,,I am happy to hear he did get to drive his car before he passed.

My condolences to the family. HRP

4. stimpy

stimpy

I live in the area and seen his car several times always going the opposite way , wanted to stop talk to him .

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Bobert worked hard on the Olds in his garage at home. The task was monumental, and Bobert had Palosfv3 finish the body/paint and help with the final touches. Larry did an outstanding job on the car and surely made Bobert proud. They both worked hard to get the car "just right" in Bobert's eye. Actually, the car looks great in everyone's eye.

6. Thanks for posting Bill . I received this from Bob's family and extend this to those that knew and met Bobert.

There will be a Memorial Service for Bob, Saturday, March 14 at St. John's Lutheran Church , 2650 Plainfield Rd. Joliet. Service is at 11 AM; family members available at 10; luncheon to follow at the church. I hope you, Mike, Larry H., Brian, others will be able to join us, as your car group was an extended family to Bob.

7. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Thoughts and prayers with family and friends...

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry for your loss, prayers going out to his family and friends. Bob

9. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I'm of an age where I lose entirely to many old friends. Boberts passing is not making it any easier. As Stu mentioned, Bob's pride and joy was his Olds. In one of the breakfast meetings he described his building of his Olds as a steep learning curve, seeing as he was learning ALL the time on what to do and how to do it. The car is really a fine example of what a guy can achieve by "just doing it". Bob I will sincerely miss you. May God bless you. BILL RINALDI

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Rest in Peace Bob!

11. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Stimpy:

You truly missed out on meeting another great car guy. Bobert always had a smile, even the days at breakfast that he was a bit under the weather, his health didn't seem to hold him back. I suppose we're all a bit guilty of missing out on better things in life. Personally, I'll never regret knowing Bobert. "It's always something." Roseanne Roseannadanna

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Bill,

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Bobert....but since he was a friend of yours, and others on this forum, I offer my condolences to his family and to all of you for the loss of a good friend.

Regards,
    Ray

13. He seemed to always have a smile on his face. It was nice to know him the short few years I knew him.
    He will be missed!

Brian

14. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Ray:

Very kind of you to acknowledge the passing of our Bobert. Similar to you and I meeting in Quincy, Il last year, Bobert and I had a friendship that was born through the HAMB pages. You, my friend, are a true gentleman and avid carguy. I value your friendship and input to the forum here. Again, thanks for your support. Bill

15. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Oh man this just sucks, I was just thinking about him the other day. I had listed that Olds on here for my dad and Bob bought it. Because of the HAMB I met Bob and his wife Ardy and they became good friends of my parents and us. One heck of a great guy, I know my dad is going to be very sad to hear of his passing as well.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

17. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

18. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I can truly say, I never met a nicer guy. His courage, and spirit through his illness was inspiring. RIP my friend.

19. Glo and I extend our deepest sympathy to Ardy and the entire Holtz family. Bob was an inspiration to me on several levels (cars, comedy and courage) and I am truly blessed to have known him. Rest in Peace, my friend.

Larry

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Condolences to family and friends..........RIP.

21. RIP...............

22. RIP Bob. Sorry for the lose of your freind. Its never easy.

23. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

BTTT for the evening crowd.