Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest William Luckey passed away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shivasdad, Mar 7, 2015.

1. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

William Luckey started Luckey's rod run to the Chicken Oil Company. I didn't know the man but saw a lot of nice rods at the funeral home on the way to my shop this morning. Found this obituary on their website.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...liam-Luckey&lc=7484&pid=174314444&mid=6349417

Condolences to family and friends if they are on the HAMB. Just thought I'd let everyone know because there have been some threads in the past about Luckey's Run.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanks for posting this...everyone needs to be remembered

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy

Damm, Another good one gone!
    Condolences to all that knew him.

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sympathy for friends and family.....RIP.

5. RIP big guy and thanks for what you've done for our hobby.....

6. I have know Luckey since 1993. He had a rod shop behind his house back then and mainly worked on '34 to '40 fords. Did mainly frame work, a/c and wiring. Made his own harnesses and string wrapped them. I worked with him from '93 to '94, most of what I know about building cars I learned from him. What he told me was "Luckeys Lunch Run" started out, some time in the '80, with 8 or 10 guys in and around Conroe, Tx driving to College Station, TX for lunch the first weekend after Jan 1st rain or shine. He loved '40 Ford coupes and owned quite a few of them. He was known to be the most knowledgeable on '40 Ford and how to hotrod them in the state of Tx. The last time I saw him was at the Sealy, Tx nostalgia drags last year or the year before, he was there with his daughter. I always had a good time when I was around Luckey, he was full of great stories. RIP Luckey.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. All of us Hartman boys did some pinstriping on his 40 Coupe. I was "Lucky" to have known him.

8. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends...