Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coupe body in woods i.d.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by good_ol_boy, May 3, 2009.

1. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

People who spend their time riding ATV's in the woods don't have time to go back and get coupe bodies they find.:rolleyes:

2. mossback44

mossback44

Good Ol Boy -- This post started nearly two years ago and I saw that you haven't added this coupe to the list of cars you own, so I assume you weren't successful in acquiring it. Too bad. I did note that you have a '32 Oldsmobile, so life isn't all bad for you.
    The coupe is definitely a '32 Plymouth and not a '32 Desoto. The body shells, rear fenders, running boards and gas tank cover are identical. Only the front fenders, grill and shell are different. There may be minor differences in the hood, but I believe they are same or are at least interchangeable.
    There are a couple of ways I know how to tell the bodies apart (other than the ID tags). First, the windshield on a Desoto has a center divider bar which I left out when I built mine. Second, the instruments on a Desoto are in panel shaped like a flat ellipse.
    I've included a couple of pictures of my '32 Desoto taken during my build which show the similarities and differences.
    BTW, if anyone was successful in getting this coupe and needs a frame, I have an excellent one.

Attached Files:

3. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

Somebody should grab this...someday....soon!

4. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

He should be getting it soon.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. olds vroom

olds vroom

Cool find all I ever find is old farm equipment and squirrel shit

6. There's still alot of snow here... although it's been melting rapidly over the last few days, it's still too deep to get back there with the 4-wheeler. It's supposed to cool down and snow again tomorrow. So it will be probably be atleast another month before I'll be able to get it. I'm sure it's probably frozen to the ground too.

7. Hokie

Hokie
    from Minnesota

Been awhile since you posted anything on this, hoping you snagged it.
    If you'd like to find a new home for the coupe I'm collecting pieces for 32 Ply PB/DesotoSC project. Have solid PB body and SC front fenders & grill and still looking for the rest.

8. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

9. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

32 plymouth. i had one awhile back. extemely hard to find. rare bird. guy gave his left nut for it.

10. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Appears they don't sell bullets in Minnesota.

11. scotts52

scotts52

I know this is a really old thread but did it ever get saved?

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with you, flatford39. Chryslers had dual cowlvents, did Plymouths and DeSotos ?

13. Or did I just read three pages for nothing...:D

JB_roadrage, blowby and The37Kid like this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Same here.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

dammit me too, coulda spent more time fixing the boom spray :( was hoping for a happy ending (in a "saved car" kinda way)

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

I just can't believe after all these yrs this car has not been dragged you sir are definetly not the ''full two bob''if you know what I mean''a sandwich short of a picnic''and that's if it does exist,i wonder, Gaz!

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. scotts52

scotts52

FYI Nash also had dual cowl vents. Am hoping there is a new thread somewhere on the HAMB about this car being saved. If I were closer I'd follow up and save it myself.

18. Who could let that thing sit out there this long and not go get it? What the freakin' hell? How can you go to sleep at night? I coming to freakin' Minnesota to get that fucker myself...I'm getting in the truck right now...pulling out of my driveway...heading northeast...sheesh!

kiwijeff and oldcarguygazok like this.
  19. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

the only thing that i can say is;

"HE WHO SNOOZES LOOZES"

you better get it before someone else does, if nothing else you have some bargaining power for something else.

20. rfraze

rfraze

Thanks for posting this pic. I have one of these gauge panels/clusters and had no idea what it fit. Power of the HAMB. Looks the same, don't you think?
    Rob Frazier
    001.JPG

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  21. VonKool13

VonKool13

Location sir? I have a jack hammer, big ass shovel, and a K5 blazer that says I can get that bad girl....

22. I'm no early mopar expert. i have a 31 chrysler cm-6 coupe. it would be considered the early 31 style. they made the body 16 months so its well into 32 due to the depression. it has non suicide doors and a single windshield. the second version of the same body had the double windshield and suicide doors. they all had the dual cowl vents. as far as i know only the chryslers had a rectangular rear window. all others had a oval one. for 31 chrysler made i think 37 different body and engine combinations while only selling just over 35,000 cars that year. so any mopar from the depression years is rare. that all said i think the car may be a chrysler built after 32. the cowl area is very different then mine. the dash is similar. to save money during that rough time some body parts fit other cars. my 31 doors interchange with a essex. with all the different bodies that mopar made it gets confusing to know what is what. then throw in mid year or 16 month changes. the car is very cool. if you don't have a buyer let me know.

23. if you look carefully at speed wagons pic thats posted of the orange car. the front fenders have what looks like a small raised triangle pressed into the sheet metal. this body line is chrysler only. are there front fenders or a grille? that would help a lot.

24. The OP was last logged in, in April 2013, so I guess its almost certain that this adventure is dead. :(
    Pictures arnt always proof that it happened, hopefully the next cool find will come to something more substantial.

25. yes it is old but there is something to learn about old mopar identification.

26. Good-ol-boy last posted on the HAMB April 24th, 2013. He was posting often until that date. Who knows what happened to him.............

27. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Man this thread is a major freaking buzzkill..... How the hell could a man know about that car and not go drag it out of the woods... I just don't get it...

28. rfraze

rfraze

What ever happened with this one?

29. YES....1932 Plymouth dash panel.

30. white64

white64
    from Maine

the sequel to the Chevy's in the desert?