Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Austin Speed Shop - RoadFarmer 1955 Chevy Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kail, Oct 22, 2013.

1. seatex

seatex

Beautiful car, beautiful GASSER! I'm baffled by some of the responses in this thread............must be the GAS:confused:

kiwijeff, nelson845 and rustang like this.
  2. YJ4000

YJ4000

I agree very cool project. Any progress?

Ryan.

3. I'm excited to see the paint take shape. I'm sure Tuki will hit it outta the park
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424385835.150335.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

slammed and powrshftr like this.
  4. Very nice! Pooki is the best painter ever!!!!

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Man,don't let any negativity get under your skin.
    If somebody has a nicer car than yours,let them step up and critique.....In all honesty,I've never seen another traditionally styled 55 that I have liked better than yours.If I was building one myself,it would be a near copy of yours.
    That is one tasty Chevy (and Ya don't hear me say THAT very often!lol).Please keep us updated.
    I forget,what is your color choice for the paint?I have green or gold in my head for some reason.....I bet this car would look great painted to the extreme end of the spectrum either way:A really crazy,heavy,bowling ball style ginormous flake,or a really subtle,subdued solid color,like a real pale blue or dove gray.
    I'm thinking at this stage in the game,with the quality and esthetic that the car already possesses,you probably can't make a wrong choice for the paint color,unless you fall on your head and decide to paint it "Viper Blue" or some crazy shit....;)
    Love the car.Please keep it up!

Scott

6. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Lookin' good man.

7. deto

deto

This thing is bad ass. I'm putting a Muncie in my ride, and you know what?...

Yours is gonna be that much more enjoyable to drive with the OD.

I wouldn't worry about the negativity. Its gonna be ruthless when it's finished.

8. David Chandler

David Chandler

I do appreciate the effort made getting it to this point. If you want to park it in my yard that would be fine with me. Just leave me the keys to it!

9. wvenfield

wvenfield

I have a bitch also.....Are they getting overspray all over those bikes? :D

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  10. The car will be candy red with a heavy flaked and paneled roof. I'm excited to see what Tuki comes up with.

Countn'Carbs and kiwijeff like this.
  11. powrshftr

powrshftr

That sounds reaaaaaally nice.Cant wait to see it with color on it.
    You guys are knocking it outta the park Man.

Scott

12. Super FINE GASSER!!! You should soon be turning heads and tires. Great build, craftsmanship and talent.

13. Anderson

Anderson

This chrome will get Steven home!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424919233.681233.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424919367.994716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424919381.527395.jpg

KCsledz, Tn. Trash, loudbang and 9 others like this.
  14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

15. Can't wait to see the front axle and rearend

16. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

17. belair

belair

Wow-you'll have to wear sunglasses all the time. Awesome.

18. YJ4000

YJ4000

Oh Yea! This is going to be awesome. That is a lot of chrome.

Ryan.

19. Moto Moto

Moto Moto
    from Krum, TX

love the car man! I stopped in a few weeks ago and didn't see it. Wish I had of.

Side note: several purist dick comments on here....seen it a lot on the HAMB

RoadFarmer and powrshftr like this.
  20. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

I love the look of that driveshaft hoop! It looks like something a raceshop would've done back in the day. I will be stealing the idean thank you.

54fierro likes this.
  21. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

Love the Gassers. Show or Go gassers. The look is timeless regardless. The Gasser title had me hooked. Now I read its getting Panel paint and Flake... Double fucking bonus!

On that note. For those ragging on the "Purist" on the HAMB. Dont be so quick to kick these guys down, Man. I've been a member of, what would have been a real nice Forum down here. Much potential, But with just a little to much "Everything is cool" filtering in just killed it for me.
    IMO Rat Rods don't have Late model ecu driven power plants! (And then to show them with the Bonnet down to hide the fact...) I dont think so!
    Fuck, Next I would have been expecting Vinyl Wrap Murals on a 33 3W And have some dick claim its airbrushed.. (Another major piss-off of mine!) Then being excepted and all the members saying.. Oh well thats progression. God help me, Being I'm a Striper and Airbrusher.
    I'm all for breaking the rules.. But some Purity must also be kept too. Just my take.

Nice work. And looking forward to seeing the finish line.

Dan

wvenfield likes this.
  22. You've got to admit though, there have been some dickhead comments here. I don't get it. I would never go on a thread and bash someone's car or ideas though. Some people just feel the need to say what's going through their head when they are behind a computer screen, I'm sure it'd be different if it was in person.

What you're saying has nothing to do with my car though, but I get what you're trying to say. I just feel like my car isn't very untraditional besides the front discs and 5 speed. Discs were for safety, 5 speed is because I would like to actually drive the car at a faster cruising speed than 55mph.

I'm not going to let them take the fun out of this build though. In the end I'm getting just what I've always wanted and that's what matters. Not what they think.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    rockfish, 60'coupe, 1956 F100 and 6 others like this.
  23. wvenfield

wvenfield

Discs as others have pointed out actually started fairly early on. Not only did they work better they were lighter. I'm going with drums UNLESS it gets real hairy. :D

Then we will see.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

RoadFarmer likes this.
  25. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Steven, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If someone isn't trash talking you somewhere, you aren't worth talking about. Fuck em, live life, have fun.

26. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well stated!

powrshftr likes this.
  27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I think it is going to be an awesome ride when its done!! I am just glad it is not going to be flat black with red wheels and wide whites!!! Do it your way and those that don't like it don't matter anyway! Larry

28. deto

deto

Any progress?

29. Anderson

Anderson

I don't know how the bodywork and paint is going...but the chrome looks tits!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428021782.636040.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428021993.978013.jpg

30. Anderson

Anderson

You're not helping.

TexasSpeed and RoadFarmer like this.