Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1966 Econoline E100 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl5Coupe, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Looking good there Carl keep after it

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like your inspiration truck, Its probably a favorite one of these Ive seen, for me also, That trim makes it but may be hard to find tho if you plan on going that route, not sure??? I would only lose the little tank on the front if it were mine.
    [​IMG]
    You sure do seem to be flyin on yours, good luck with it!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Here is a picture Of my Dad when he was in town for thanksgiving. He lives in Burnsville NC. The next time he sees it we will be cruising in it. Hell Yeah!!!

Dad in seat.jpg

4. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So I'm just about up to date now. I have been on vacation and managed to get a good bit done. This past week I sold some junk around the house and manage to scrape up enough cash for a metal brake. I picked this one up used and it shears, brakes and rools. NICE!!!! I have big plans for this thing. Brake.jpg

The 1st order of business was to fab up the exhaust covers. After looking at the holes I cut I was thinking that the air wouldn't flow enough around the motor so the plan is to cut the holes bigger so I made the cover much taller. I thing for the 1st project they turned out pretty good. I still have some welding to do but its getting there.
    Floor 1.jpg Floor 4.jpg Tin 1.jpg Tin 2.jpg Tin 3.jpg

5. What gauge steel is that Carl? Looks like it works pretty good. That's a good tool to have right there.

6. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

20 Gauge Tony. Welds up nice to. A aheet 4'x10' is $75.00

7. Looking good Carl.
    I like that break..

8. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

9. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

10. Damn man, that's looking good.

I would've liked to find that van carcass when I had mine, lot's of metal I could've used. My ol' HAMB Bomb is probably still rotting in Stevie G's back 40 somewhere. Makes me want to drive down and get it.

11. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Update please!!!
    So I welded up the dash 2 weeks ago and then hurt my back, So now I'm back at it and starting to get jiggy with getting ready for paint. The dash was in bad shape as it seams that people like to drill holes and make dents. I welded them all up and the tough part was strighten up the speaker cover but I managed to get it about 95%. I may fall back on the speaker area later but for now I'm going to get started on bondoing the dash and then hit the dents on the outside. The bitch about this is my shop is small and I have no where ti keep my coupe. so I guess I will just have to deal with pulling it in and out of the garage as I move fowared with the bondo work. You will see in the pick how tight things are.

Shop with cars.jpg Dash work.jpg Dash welded.jpg Dash speaker stright.jpg Dash Bondo.jpg

12. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I got the dash bondo work done, now I had to pull the glass so that I could get those areas done. The rubber that was once flexible is now like concrete and breaks off in pieces. We had to ware safety glasses and a shield to keep from getting hit when the stuff flew apart. Check out the rubber gaskets and see it laying on the floor. We got all the glass out and in one piece.

win 5.jpg win 4.jpg Win 1.jpg win 6.jpg win 2.jpg win 3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    AHotRod and volvobrynk like this.
  13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

14. kma4444

kma4444

15. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Last night we got into removing all the door hardware and some other bolt on stuff. That makes it much easier to prep for paint.

Today I got into some good bondo body work. It's coming together nicely.

!cid_3CABC300-9E08-4475-AE59-60E64DB663E8.jpg !cid_4295BDD6-354F-4DCC-8283-DDAC249FE83C.jpg n.jpg r.jpg !cid_3CABC300-9E08-4475-AE59-60E64DB663E8.jpg !cid_4295BDD6-354F-4DCC-8283-DDAC249FE83C.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    AHotRod and volvobrynk like this.
  16. Dang Carl, didn't even know ya had thread goin' on this thing. Happened to see it in your sig. Lookin' good man, a lotta work gettin' done. Gettin' there man!

17. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I've been doing Bondo work for over a week now, This shit just doesn't get done by its self ya know and it takes a while. My bud Josh hooked me up with a whole set of blocks to sand it with and they shorely tell the story where the problems are. I hope to have a nice paint job when it's all done. There is like almost no rust at all. Like none!! I have two little small spots to fix. But anyway back to the body work.

!cid_80E85347-2B11-4790-8A49-D8A99D6A9CF3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg !cid_93335C2C-AEF3-474E-89A5-BF55EF513974.jpg !cid_51A30B33-D76A-43DA-A11D-7FD66879FDEB.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  18. Bad ass Man. Keep on keeping on

19. Time for an update Carl

stealthcruiser likes this.
  20. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

9.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 221.jpg 21.jpg 11.jpg 24.jpg 9.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 221.jpg Been doing mostly body work for the most part, Hitting it all I can with out getting in trouble with Moma. Here are some picks of the work getting done and at this point I plan on painting it no later then the1st week of April. Some help from frieds is always a big help and gives me new ideas.[/ATTACH]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Woogeroo and stealthcruiser like this.
  21. AHotRod

AHotRod

It's really taken shape, well done.

22. seatex

seatex

Love me some Econoline, spent many an hour roasting my ass as a kid on that engine cover..................o_O

23. You guys are working so fast I'm seeing double o_O

stealthcruiser likes this.
  24. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So next is get this thing painted. Then make the garage bigger as I already have the drawings and then move on to finishing the truck. As it stands now the shop is to small and if I don't make it bigger the truck will get damaged. So thanks for the support guys. Keep looking for the paint, it will be here soon enough.

25. Rock on man looking good

26. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Looking good. I like those old L-60's hanging out the rear wheel wells. Reminds me of the old days. Why did you weld up some of the radio holes and leave the one for the light?

Duane.

27. elba

elba

Here is mine. It was much worse than yours. Keep working - you will get it done.

Attached Files:

Woogeroo likes this.
  28. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Elba
    Thanks for sharing the pic, do you have any more?

Well Ed is the man, He came by last night and spent a good bit of time pulling out the left running light area, It took a bad hit but Ed being the master of body work was able to pull it out to where you would never know it was hit.

Thanks Brother!!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

29. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france