Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 29 roadster on 32 brookville chassis

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J. Ho's Bitch'n 29, Feb 20, 2015.

1. J. Ho's Bitch'n 29

J. Ho's Bitch'n 29
    from Florida

So I've been holding out a bit on posting my build. That way I have something to put up on a thread instead of blowing hot air. I'm new to the site and posted a tech question here and was welcomed by quite a few very nice guys. Those of you know who you are. Thanks for all your help and advice.

I'm building what the heading says. A 29 roadster on a 32 Brookville chassis. My dream traditional hot rod as a little kid is finally on its way to being built. I'm a younger guy (28) and this is my first full build on one of these cars. I'll have a lot of questions etc. to ask the more experienced people in the future. I'll post what I have going on etc.

For the build: The car will resemble the early to mid 50's. I will have an updated Driveline. I have a 327/Saginaw 4 speed/ ford 9". I want to be able to drive it anywhere and if it breaks down, the local parts house probably has the parts. This is a quick run down of my vision. Here is what I have and where I'm at now. I received my frame etc. From Brookville the day after Thanksgiving 2014.

I tried loading pictures on this post it won't work. Says the files are to big. I have to figure this out. :/ stay tuned

2. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The biggest problem that I had was getting the body to frame right. I had an old frame that needed a lot of tweaking but with a new frame you shouldn't have too many problems. My old frame was pinched a long time ago (a bit too much) but I just left it. You will find all of the help and advice you probably need here. Good luck!

3. I am doing the same, 29 roadster on 32 chassis, and when I need inspiration I go look at Malcolm's threads building his car. Nick did a great job building his car in his garage, and I've seen it in person and watched it flog the quarter mile at the HAMB drags.

4. The rear of the 32 frame is wider than the 29 body. There are many ways to make this fit. One is stepping the rear of the 32 frame. Another is widening the frame rails of the 29 body. Another is cutting out the fender wells and reshaping them to fit the 32 frame.

5. Manager

Manager

If you have a Brookville 32 frame for a 29, a Brookville 29 body for 32 frame will bolt straight on.
    If it's not the 32 frame for the 29 then as per the above posts, and you are better of if you are going to be using a Brookville body, just get the stock floor as you will have to cut it a bit either way, so no sense paying the extra money.The Brookville body for 32 frame only fits the Brookville 32 frame for a 29, not a stock style 32 frame.:)
    Edit: Just saw the picture of your frame on the other thread and it sure looks like the 32 frame for 29 body. If you don't use a brookville body you will just have to cut a bit around the back wheel arch. Brookville I think do sell subrail sections to match their frame if you use an original body on that chassis.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. As for posting photo's you might want to get a free Photobucket account and upload your photo's,Photobucket resizes the images. HRP

http://photobucket.com/

7. Roadsir

Roadsir

Looking forward to the build, hard to beat a 29 on 32 rails. I look forward to seeing some pics..

8. no55mad

no55mad

Here's a 28 w/30 cowl (Sport Cpe cab) on a pinched aftermarket 32 frame. I can't take credit for the build - another HAMBr built it and did an awesome job. Never thought I would enjoy a roadster but this thing is a blast to drive an gets lots of attention. 65 401 Nailhead, 4 sp, 9 inch. My neighbor (Ca. central coast) has an aftermarket 32 frame set up for a 28/29 body if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  9. J. Ho's Bitch'n 29

J. Ho's Bitch'n 29
    from Florida

10. J. Ho's Bitch'n 29

J. Ho's Bitch'n 29
    from Florida

Here are a few pictures of a larger collection. I have more but they are just of the parts that are installed on the chassis already. I have Moser axles and Speedway bones that are not in the chassis picture. Sorry for the delayed pictures. Hopefully this picture will be clear enough for everyone to see what I'am working with. Thanks for any input!

Thanks HOTROD im going to look into photobucket!

11. J. Ho's Bitch'n 29

J. Ho's Bitch'n 29
    from Florida

12. J. Ho's Bitch'n 29

J. Ho's Bitch'n 29
    from Florida

Wow that was fairly harmless to do. I learned something new today! :):cool:

13. Southfork

Southfork

Subscribed! I wanna see how you put the Saginaw in there (pedals, clutch, etc).