Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Moyer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Feb 24, 2015.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Was watching "fat and furious" on Discovery channel last night and the episode featured Hamb Member Don Moyer from Cleveland area. Don is the race Director for Gasser Magazine and also very active in Local Ohio events with the Cleveland based Slick Devils car club. They setup and run the Hot Rod asylum at the Piston Power show as well as being active in many other events.
    Don is an AMC freak and has several AMC powered cars including several funny cars a AMC scrambler and the infamous "Rebel Rouser" AMC powered 40 Willys famous for amazing wheelstands.
    I met him at the thompson gasser reuniuon several years ago and last year we shot the breeze at the pistion power show for quite a spell.
    Proud to know him, he's quite a credit to our hobby.
    Lot's of people knock these "reality" TV shows that have to do with old cars and drag racing, but I must say perhaps it is and will continue to bring a renewed interest in our hobby...with the older people running out of time I am hoping the younger generation picks it up and keeps it as it was.
    So hats off to you Don, you do alot of many and too few appreciate it.

Don Moyer likes this.
  2. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

YEAH ! I caught the show too! I only watched it because I saw Don was on it.
    Don was sporting some "Slick Devils" apparel.
    Im in Chicago so I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him personally but I did have my car in The Hot Rod Asylum show last year. I would do the show again this year but the car is in pieces right now, LOL.

Hoping to meet Don either at Dragway 42 this year or GreatLakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wis.

Don Moyer likes this.
  3. slowmotion

slowmotion

Seen it. As soon as I saw the clip of that Willys, I knew a hamber was involved. Pretty cool & seems like a helluva nice guy. One of those Scramblers lives about 300 yards from me, unrestored.
    That show's one that I can watch at least. Likeable bunch, and the surroundings are familiar (Snyders, Quaker, etc).

Don Moyer likes this.
  4. abone1930

abone1930

He is more Famous now than ever :) He sure has a lot of cool stuff too :)

Don Moyer likes this.

5. I know HAMB is Pre 64 " traditional" ..... But man how can you not dig some of those mid to late 60's early 70's drag car....not to mention there was some great racing going on until the early 70's...that AMC was way cool

Don Moyer likes this.
  6. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

7. Don is a real gentleman. I thought the rambler was a very cool car, with lots of history. Congrats to Don! Good show!:D

Don Moyer likes this.
  8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Thanks for posting the video olcurmdgeon didn't know you could do that but then again I am far from being a computer wiz.

9. All those car related shows would be great if the damn producer didnt always want to include some stupid created drama .
    Same goes for most all reality TV shows....why cant they just show normal shit instead of CREATED DRAMA??

10. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Neither am I, BigBob55, but I went to Discovery website hoping I could view the whole show but found the clip instead. Love that Rebel Reaper Willys!

Don Moyer likes this.
  11. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

That's an amazing car and Don drives the snot out of it....My screen saver is the Willys and Happy Pappy's 46 Ford gasser PU lined up ready to leave at Dragway 42 from a past Rock and Race event.
    Ya gotta love it when people drive their cars like there is no tomorrow and the only benefit is they know that's what they built it for...funny I just noticed I called it the "Rebel Rouser"...I see it every day on my computer and it's the Rebel Reaper...Hell to get old ain't it.

Don Moyer likes this.
  12. I first met Don when he contacted me about striping his Model A roadster(the Lazy 8).He was good friends with a friend of mine and fellow artist Tim Petro.We wound up doing the car at the Detroit Autorama some years ago.Don is one hell of a guy and has a vast knowledge of automobile history thanks in part to his dad and fellow members of the club he belongs to.Always stops by to say hello when we're at the shows.Wish I had known about the show;I would have enjoyed watching it.

Attached Files:

Don Moyer likes this.
  13. 208custom

208custom

Don is the Man, great guy and the reason I put a score light in my car.
    Git Er Don!

Don Moyer likes this.
  14. fleetside66

fleetside66

Thanks for the heads up on that, Bob & for the video clip by the Curmudgeon. I forgot to record it. Invest in a DVR, cut the drama & ads & you're in business. As stupid as some of the stuff is, I'd rather have it than not. When you come from a time when you have to hold your breath for a peak at a hot rod on an episode of Spin & Marty, you appreciate what we have now.

Don Moyer likes this.
  15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Dang1 Missed that last night! Always like to see that Willys wheels up.

Don Moyer likes this.
  16. seatex

seatex

I was in love with SC Ramblers as a kid, packed a 390 if I remember right. Kinda' dug the AMC Rebel's, too.

Don Moyer likes this.
  17. Thanks guys! I had alot of fun shooting that show. They put a ton of new parts on the old S/C Rambler and I am really looking forward to driving it this summer!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. Sam peterman

Sam peterman

Is the funny car still for sale?