Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old Cars Report Price Guide

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GonzoMN, Feb 19, 2015.

1. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Looking for the values in the newest issue of Old Cars Report Price Guide for a 1932 Ford Model B Tudor.

2. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

6. 1280
    5. 3840
    4. 6400
    3. 14,400
    2. 22,400
    1. 32,000
    These prices from Sept/Oct 2014 issue,

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Seems low for a 32. A driver would be a #3 and only worth $14,400.

4. Ditto Gonzo....I wish I could by one for 14 ---20.

5. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Going to look at this on Sat & I got to believe that it is worth more than $14K
    32ford72766-4.jpg

lothiandon1940, deuce354 and i.rant like this.
  6. price guides are just that guides.

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

# 6 is parts car..... Try and buy just a frame for $1,280.00

8. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

..... DITTO .....

9. Maybe those price guide figures don't take into consideration the " Deuce Hysteria Factor":D

B Bay Barn, 3wLarry and i.rant like this.
  10. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I wonder how they determine these prices? Recent sales figures or big auctions sold for prices? Gotta be based on a big give & take range. I too would like to get in at the #4-6 range some of these prices. I've watched a pal buy the real deal pieces for over a decade now & put his all Henry 32 roadster on the road in #4 ish shape starting with a frame. he's a traditional savy buyer & he's way, way deeper than these prices. I think they're off bad. If not...... I'm gonna start looking myself. I've always deemed the real deal Henry steel Unobtainium unless they scored a deal years ago or worked hard to piece it together over time. whoever set these projected estimates & that's what they gotta be, estimates must have interest in other era autos. Just hit a swap meet like thirtytwo said, then reality sets back in. Flux

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Keep in mind OC Report price guide states"The worth of an old car is a "ballpark" figure at best."
    FWIW, I looked up the values from 2013 and they were the same,so who knows how long they have remained at those levels.
    I think the guide can be a useful tool in pricing ,especially for those models which see regular auction action, but even then there will always be exceptions whose buyers will pay "over book" as they say.
    I also looked up the values for a 1931 Ford sedan. They are basically 1/2 the quotes for the 32.
    Draw your own conclusions/opinions on the price guides out there,it all boils down to a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for that car at that time.

12. I've only glanced at those price guide figures over time and never really used them when making a purchase. Just too many variables involved. Guess that's why I seem to overpay for every thing I have!:eek:

13. I usually go to the grocery store and look at the latest issue there.

14. pitman

pitman

Mr. Benny's old-school...RNY, you sure you're naht a yankee too? :D

15. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Looked at the 32 on Sat. It's in pretty good shape, but he won't budge off $25K
    I would say it is better than a number 3, but not a number 2. Non stock color.

16. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I don't follow 32 prices but that doesn't sound like a bad price. I quit following Old Car Price Guide several years back. So, what can you buy for $25,000 these days and the odds are that it isn't a 32 Ford.

Side note, the red color would be a problem for me. I would change it to black first thing.

Neal

17. I've never found those price guide numbers to be anything more than the rough 'ballpark' figures they call them, and individual prices car vary widely. And some sellers of 'restored' cars will jack the price if they get even a whiff of 'hot rod' off of you. And if the seller is motivated (needs the money) makes a difference.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That might be what they should sell for but when reality sets the prices are what we know them to be.

19. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

Ya, I'm not crazy about the Red color either.

20. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

So it's better than a 3 but because of the red color not a 2, I bet guy's are searching for that 32 right now with 25k in hand after reading this post.

21. GonzoMN

GonzoMN

It's between a 2 and a 3 because of the condition of the car. It is a 50 year old restoration.
    Not liking the red has nothing to do with the condition of the car.

lothiandon1940 and bobwop like this.
  22. EarlyFordV8

EarlyFordV8
    from Dallas

There are almost zero cars of this era sold at the big auctions...and that is how prices are set in the Price Guide.
    Typically old Fords are bought and sold word to mouth...hand to shake.

lothiandon1940 likes this.