Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I agree, but sure looks cool on that Cadillac.

2. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Moose, how about these combos? 32-Buick_Model_96C_Conv_DV-07-MBA_03 (2).jpg 122_AL03.jpg

3. madfish

madfish

This is 5 hours I'll never get back.

ugly.jpg

whtbaron, kiwijeff, OahuEli and 2 others like this.
  4. Hey Paul Here's a few more different possibilities.....

green s.jpg Green on green s.jpg maroon and red2 s.jpg Maroon on maroon s.jpg

5. wsdad

wsdad

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424530649.762511.jpg

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!

That rear roof line makes all the difference in the world!!!!!!!

Those ugly side "things" instantly turn sleek and stylish like magic. Wow! I've always thought these were some of the ugliest cars of that era but that one change totally remakes the car. I would love to drive that! I would do something with the front grill to make it more aerodynamic like the rear or at least smaller. Then I'd leave the rest of it alone - as if it came from the factory like that.

That is an incredible transformation.

I wonder how a bullet nose Studebaker would look if it were given a fast back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

You guys are the best!

8. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Moose, what about a green top on those first two?? Paul

9. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Looks better to me. Can we try that first one with the darker green top? Paul

10. This one is it...go for it.
    [​IMG]

N.Ozols likes this.
  11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

That's the direction I'm leaning too. Choosing colors is a bitch, isn't it!

12. dark green top s.jpg

whtbaron likes this.
  13. Hi guys, I am debating on wheels for my F100, can you help me out? (This isn't my truck, although mine will look the same)

Thank you for your help! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424543840.643313.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424543860.755519.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424543884.830595.jpg

14. 1.jpg 2.jpg

15. Shrink

Shrink

58 Impalas are one of my favorite 50's Chevy's, in particular the rear roofline with the scoop/vent and the scallops along the edge. Apparently lots of people like '58's because they're way over my budget. I bought a '53 because I like the overall looks and the roof is shaped somewhat the same. I'd love to see that 58 roof or even just the back vent thing on the 53's roof. The 53 is mine, the 58 is from google. Thanks to any of you who would be willing to try this for me.
    58 roofline.jpg 53 coming home 10 24 14 from London Ky Edward hauling it with his 2013 BIG Truck down sized.jpg

16. madfish

madfish

17. Shrink

Shrink

Thanks madfish. There has to trashed 58's that would still have a decent roof. I wonder how much of a trick it might be to graft the parts from a 58 roof onto the 53. I even got this idea of making the vent a 3rd brake light. Would it be possible to shrink the size of that vent down a little? Proportions might be an issue I hadn't thought about. Thanks for your time. You guys do a great service.

18. madfish

madfish

19. Thanks, but credit for the roof really should go to James D who came up with the original idea.
    [​IMG]
    I just put a couple of tweaks onto his excellent work, like this:
    [​IMG]

20. The more I looked at this the more I decided square and "SWOOPY" don't mix sooooo.....
    wtf2.jpg

whtbaron, OahuEli, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  21. Shrink

Shrink

Wow! Thanks you madfish. I gotta look at this for a while. You may have saved me from a whole lot of time and money spent without knowing what I'd have in the end. Having it in front of me makes me wonder if my great idea was as good as I thought. The swoopy lines of the 58 may not be what I want on the boxy 53. Time to sleep on it and think more tomorrow. I appreciate your magic fingers on the keyboard!

22. madfish

madfish

Yours look amazing, I just tried to restore it to what was posted. Mine looks like something from Roger Rabbit. Nice job

23. Damn....:cool:

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I know. Been working on this a bit today, kinda hard to figure its theme but its fun nonetheless. Maybe have my version in a day or two. Kinda leaning more in the good ol boy viewpoint though. lol

25. madfish

madfish

N A I L E D I T !

wtf 4WD.jpg

26. I need some art done for a custom car plaque idea that im throwing around in my head.
    I dont belong to a club, but i want a plaque with the following written on it:
    1930 Ford Model A
    Built by Manny 'K' and John _________ (Underscore represents last name)
    Staten Island, N.Y.
    and maybe an old style drawing of an engine with headers on it

Here are the Obrien guidelines http://www.obrientruckers.com/resources/10_Artwork_Producing_Guide.pdf

I want it to look like an original 1950s Car Club Plaque
    Can someone make it?

27. Hey, Shrink, I stole this off the Sitting and Rotting thread of a car in Canada. Looks like someone had the same idea as you and snatched the roof vent instead of the valuable car!
    [​IMG]

28. That's an awful lot of info to fit on a small plaque
    Club.jpg