Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not just any barn find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnstonboys, Feb 21, 2015.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Great cars. Enjoy!

2. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really nice condition and I am expecting to see it around this area this summer. Don't forget to post when it's on the road!

3. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Very nice...here come some great times!

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Oh, sorry, didn't notice it in the threads. What's wrong with a good Y block?

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. When Brenda's grandmother purchased the wagon brand new it had a inline six and 3 on the tree.

The entire story behind the build is chronicled with the photo's in the album. HRP

6. Entrusted to be the caretaker.
    That is an honor. Congrats!
    I would hand polish it as well, bet the paint is quite nice.
    You're a lucky man!

7. clem

clem

There has been a couple of those on here, probably time for one to be a hot rod! Nice car!

8. GTS225

GTS225

I'd have to side with the majority on this one. It's too good of an example to cut up. Even rodders need a stock example around in order to remind us of where our rods came from.
    You could still make it into a hot rod, of sorts, by just yanking the hood, fenders and running boards. (Stash those in a safe place.) It doesn't need a chop, and you could fab up a custom, bolt-on bumper or two to "make it your own". All mods being easily reversible if you engineer them to be bolt on in stock locations.

Roger

9. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

That car has some nice lines. Never saw one before now. What front suspension is that I see under it? Maybe an I-beam with leafs on each frame rail? Looks like a buggy spring rear. Either way , it looks like it could be lowered easily in the front with some 7:50s on the back. I like it and welcome to the HAMB by the way.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. hipster

hipster

Digging that grill insert. Juice brakes?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. david38rc

david38rc

Nice, I never look that good when I come out of my garage!!!

clem likes this.
  12. So here is the Flip side of what can happen. This was already Molested when I got it as a High School kid. That was back in the 60's. I still have it. Please don't Screw that one up. Fix it and Drive it. You'll love it.
    The Wizzard 32 Stude 0003.jpg

13. Built by Studebaker, 1932-33 production totaled 37,879, do what you want!

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Built in the era when Studebaker had the fastest stock block INDY 500 cars. Bob

15. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Sweet car, enjoy it.

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

This is what many of them would have started with. An old car someone has parked and wasn't going to use. Pay $100 for it and you were on your way.

That said, while I might modify it if it was mine, I would not restore it (outside of getting it running) and anything I did would be easily undone.

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I'd clean it up real nice like & modernize the running gear. If I already had a rod it'd be a hard call. But then I'd imagine my dream retirement road trip out route 66 coast to coast with it rodded. Rare & valuable can often be two different concepts, either way Put it back on the road! Main thing you got going is its your car so do what you want. ...... In my eyes you got it from a good caregiver who at least kept it in out of elements & now you will bring it back out Of hiding. Weither it be stock or rodded is your call. Congrats! Very neat history & wow just to be able to acquire it from friends & story is way, way cool! Flux.
    Ohh & clean up the outside as is, fresh'n up interior , & Rod it ....... Please!

18. That one would be perfect for the 'oily rag' treatment!!
    And join the Studebaker Drivers' Club, they'd be the best source for information!!

Cosmo

19. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Great score. Enjoy!

20. froghawk

froghawk

Great survivor car! Congratulations! That 3/4 rear shot was giving me vertigo every time I looked at it – now I feel better...

Rockne.jpg

volvobrynk and Chrisbcritter like this.
  21. What's the diff between this car, and a RR?
    Both aren't trad hot rods.
    This belongs on a restorer site, if its not intended to be hot rodded.
    Just saying...

YBNORML likes this.
  22. 327Eric

327Eric

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

To me it is a timewarp, a chance to step back to 1952 and see how this car looked. Not every car in your garage has to be a traditional Hot Rod, there are few other HAMB members with stone stockers. Bob

24. clem

clem

Just needs a roof chop to finish it!

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Great lines on this one! From the side, looks like plenty of room for long-legged guys like me - almost like those stretched-out catalog illustrations. Does the engine still turn over?

26. I remember our club (years ago before it fizzled out and died) gave a survivor trophy at our show every year. We called it the "Please, Sir, don't restore that car!" award. I'm with those who said to make it mechanically safe and reliable and drive it. Rockne was made by Studebaker. I've only seen pictures of them, never saw one live.

27. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Do nothing, the right guy has the car.

28. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Amen! Well said.

29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Find another Stude 6 from the time and build it with an extra carb, fabricated header, higher compression and a lumpy cam. Some nuts and bolts and 1 long weekend, Rockne hot rod. I'm sure some disc wheels can be found with the right bolt pattern, save the hood for long tours or runs and leave home for the local boppin around. Best of both worlds. Hopped up Studebaker. Or not...

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.