Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 700r4 control

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by linechaser32, Feb 21, 2015.

1. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Any suggestions on the best set-up to control a 700R4trans on a non computer 327 chevy. I have looked at a lot of kits on the market, but which one is best for a daily driver hot rod?

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

What carburetor are you running?

How hot is the 327?

How heavy is the Hot Rod?

I've seen success with the bow Tie Overdrives TV cable kit, if you have a 700R4.

On the off chance you have the electronic version (4L60e) I would get in touch with US Shift.

Best of luck with the trans swap / install, an overdrive can really make a difference on a daily. :)

3. i'm asuming you're talking about the lockup control right?

the B&M or TCI kits are just fine.

one other note, make sure the geometry, bracket and tv cable adjustment are correct or you're risking a burned up trans.

4. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Hope your transmission guy knows how to build it right mine is out for the 3rd time.What a mess.I will go with a 4l60 on the 35 when I need it.NO more 700r4.

5. Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. 43willys

43willys

If you buy a kit make sure it has a brake switch and vacuum switch. The lockup has a line of things that have to happen for it to lock up and the tci kit is missing parts. First keyed power then it goes to vacuum switch if there is vacuum to goes to brake switch if that is released it goes into the trans to a pressure switch if it shows 4th gear it then energizes the lock up

7. 43willys

43willys

That way if you floor the gas and vacuum drops it unlocks. If you pull up to a light and press the brake it unlocks and if it down shifts to third it also will unlock.

8. Local trans guy can build a 700 that works just fine and will last. you will be told to use the bow tie cable bracket.

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you have one with the converter shift valve or the plug in that bore of the valve body you can make it work without any wiring.