Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chrome OE Ford wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V8 Bob, Feb 19, 2015.

1. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm trying to find a source for chrome 15" "OE" vented style Ford (5 X 4 1/2) wheels with stock centers, to allow using spiders. All I've found so far use a multi-drilled center that needs a cap/cover, or a "smoothie" center without the OE vents. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

3. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Summit racing ,go into wheels and search OE Chrome and I believe its series 64 many different back spacing and widths just keep scrolling

4. raven

raven

Who has these and give an Alliance discount?
    r

5. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh boy! :oops: For some reason I thought they quit making the 64 series. My bad! I think the "style" picture showing a moon cap threw me, (possibly covering the multi-pattern) but when I opened the full web catalog, the bare OE wheel is pictured, along with many back space options. Thanks again! :)

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Rally America also has what you are looking for. I ordered a set of four of the exact wheel you are looking for and was very happy with their product. This was in 2007 or 2008. They were 15x7 - used a factory center in a new 7" rim. They had both pieces chromed, then assembled them. They don't list everything on their website, but I'm sure they can build what you need, in the width and backspacing that you want - built to order.

They are also an Alliance Vendor. 10% off.
    http://www.rallyamerica.com/Rally_America_Home__BIJ5.php

Malcolm

7. Rally America's page for OE-style wheels says made from billet aluminum - ? Malcolm, did you get your wheels in steel? Assume they were for the '62 Galaxie?

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

They were chrome steel wheels, original Ford centers. Yes, for the Galaxie. Their old website had a lot more content, stuff I imagine (and hope) they still offer.

9. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought I read a post on the HAMB recently that they had a fire, and do not build anymore steel wheels at this time. Their web site shows billet aluminum OE, not steel. I did, however, contact them and will follow up.

10. 100% Matt

100% Matt

11. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

JFYI, Rally America responded to my question; they no longer make chrome OE wheels.
    100% Matt, Wheelsmith does not offer a vented OE wheel with a single bolt pattern.

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the update on Rally America.